Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3rd pregnancy, mild symptoms, should I take action?

(7 Posts)
Letrix123 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:59:15

So, with my first normal pregnancy (a girl) I had pretty bad morning sickness , throwing up 8 times a day everything smelt disgusting . Could barely eat.
2nd one (a boy) only threw up twice a day, everything smelt disgusting etc. But kind of felt if I had more rest and wasn't looking after a one year old it wouldn't be so bad.
This time, I kind of feel ok, bit tired bit sick, bit of everything smelling disgusting and can't look in the fridge. Threw up a bit weeks 6-7 but now just mild nausea.
Had an early scan at 7 weeks due to having a previous partial molar and missed miscarriage first pregnancy. And everything was fine so far. Midwives still haven't phoned me back re booking appointment . Wondering whether to try and organise another scan, or just tell my inner negativity to shut up. I'm not beside myself or anything, it's more of a constant niggle. I don't want to waste the NHS resources, and there's no where round here a can see that does private scans.
Any thoughts? I'm not hugely rational at the moment...

jmariehac Thu 09-Mar-17 00:58:15

Same here 3rf preg and fell okay compared to other two....I haven't had a scan yet but I think I'm about ten weeks seeing midwife Monday xx

Letrix123 Thu 09-Mar-17 09:10:01

Good luck! I just called the emergency scan unit, they're going to get back to me. They do say everything pregnancy is different..... fingers crossed anyway! What will be will be. Have you had a boy and a girl previously?

Twinklelittlestar1 Thu 09-Mar-17 15:37:33

Hi, I could've written your post! In my last pregnancy I was sooo sick, nothing helped and I had five weeks off work where I couldn't get out of bed.

This time I have gone off food and am getting a bit of nausea, a couple of bad days but other than that feel more or less normal. I googled all sorts of horror stories about mmc and convinced myself there must be something wrong.

I booked a private scan and went yesterday and everything was fine. I cannot believe how different the two pregnancies are I just expected to feel exactly the same. X

jmariehac Thu 09-Mar-17 17:15:20

Hi let I have a girl 13 and a boy 7 not sure what this one is yet ....so strange how well I feel ..but not complaing haha x

user1487776842 Thu 09-Mar-17 18:20:24

I have 2 girls (4&2) currently 37+4 weeks pregnant with lady number 3... I had hurrendous morning sickness with the first 2 and nothing with this one but everything has been fine throughout smile try not to worry, no 2 pregnancy's are the same

Letrix123 Thu 09-Mar-17 19:50:03

That's great news twinkle! And thanks user lots of numbers! As soon as I had got my scan appointment booked most of my symptoms came back, and I've just had to crack open a ginger beer.
It's weird morning sickness, there has to be a reason for it. Here's a weird story for you... with my first normal pregnancy I had it pretty bad so went to see a homeopath (say what you will, but it always works for me, maybe it's just psychosomatic, doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned, I'm fine with it.... 😊) but anyway..... she tried a few different ones which worked for a couple of days but wore of after that, then she tried another one which did make me feel a lot better, you could say the morning sickness could have been wearing off any way, but then we went to Ireland on the ferry, the trip back was in a massive storm and normally I get sea sick looking at a boat, but I had nothing, I was absolutely fine. But anyway she told me later that the remedy she had given me was for grief. Which spun me out a bit, wether it was grief to do with my dad dying a few years earlier. Or grief to do with the missed miscarriage I don't know.
I'm just wondering, maybe we are all super emotionally sorted this time round that's why it's not so bad...... 🤔
Il find out Tuesday anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now