Talk

Advanced search

Gestational diabetes -Not being induced

(5 Posts)
LozzaRoseMumOf3tobe Wed 08-Mar-17 14:57:16

Hi, I've got gestional diabetes that's controlled by diet and metformin, baby has been off the growth charts since Christmas. I am wanting a VBAC and had an ECV last week which was successful. I had been told I wouldn't be allowed to go over my due date and that with GD I would be induced etc, well today (38+4) I have been to hosp but didn't see my normal consultant and apparently they are now happy not to scan me again til 40+4 and will decide from then what happens next?! I feel so frustrated as I'm constantly being told conflicting things! Anyone else been in a similar situation? X

Mummyme87 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:29:54

Maybe they are weighing up the risks of an induction with a previous Caesarean section scar.. did you ask why the decision to induce early has changed?

LozzaRoseMumOf3tobe Wed 08-Mar-17 16:37:52

The registrar said at the appointment at 40+4 they could still decide to induce me or plan a c section depending on things. I'm at the midwife tomorrow so I'm going to ask her a few things too! As none of it is making any sense!

Piffpaffpoff Wed 08-Mar-17 16:54:11

They didn't let me go past 40 weeks and I was diet controlled with a 'standard' sized baby. From reading on here, I know that standard procedures and treatments differ hugely across the country but I'd have a good chat with your midwife, express your concerns and see if she can get in touch with your normal consultant and see what they say.

FYI, I saw a different consultant from usual at about 38 weeks and he wanted to put me on metformin because of my sugar levels - which were well within the tolerance that my normal consultant had set! I was not happy and told him so and said I'd like a week to meet his targets and then the next week my normal consultant was back and all was fine!

LozzaRoseMumOf3tobe Mon 13-Mar-17 10:21:21

My midwife has looked into my care plan - I don't have one! So she can't even do a sweep or anything, she's tried to get my in with my consultant prior to 40+4 but no luck. My babies been measuring over the 95th per centile line since 28weeks! And they've already said expect a big baby! Just so frustrating ☹️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now