We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Back pain

(5 Posts)
JJ1612 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:16:06

Does anyone have any tips on relieving back pain? I'm 32+3 and can't walk more than 5 steps without being in complete agony with back pain. It's quite low down and goes into my hip, mainly on the right side.
I've been given cocodemol by the GP but as I'm already taking tablets for other things (ranitidine, iron and cyclizine) I don't really want to take anymore. Plus it makes me feel quite sick and drowsy.
Anyone any tips on how to relieve it at all? I'm tempting to get some crutches just to make waking slightly easier

Wolfiefan Wed 08-Mar-17 14:20:36

Definitely back pain or SPD?

JJ1612 Wed 08-Mar-17 14:27:02

I'm not sure. I mentioned it at my midwife appointment on Monday and she said that it's just one of those things and I just need to find the balance between the right amount of exercise and rest. It's worse when I walk but not sure how I'm gonna manage for the next 7/8 weeks confused

Wolfiefan Wed 08-Mar-17 16:24:54

I would ask to be referred to physio. I had a massive tubi grip for my bump, exercises and regular massage by physio too. Really helped. One of those things is really unhelpful! hmm

lananzack Wed 08-Mar-17 21:42:04

Do you know what position baby is in by any chance? Is it possible they're back to back with you? I suffered horrific back pain 33 or so wks onwards because of my baby's positioning. Back to back and leaning against my right hip. Being on my hands and knees a lot or leaning forward in general helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now