Talk

Advanced search

Where the hell is my nesting instinct???

(5 Posts)
HughLauriesStubble Wed 08-Mar-17 13:43:25

I'm 38+4 with dc3. By this stage with my last 2 I've been scrubbing like a maniac, making sure everything was organised, but this time I just don't have the motivation or energy.

We were all sick with a virus last week and my biggest worry was not getting everything sorted in time, and I literally couldn't wait to get better and get stuck in. Yet here I am, fully recovered, and more interested in cuddling with the dc and mooching on MN to work through my to-do list hmm I am getting some things done in short bursts but I could do with one good run at it.

I should probably mention that my house is relatively clean anyway so I am just being truly neurotic confused Damn these pregnancy hormones!

ILikeSalmon Wed 08-Mar-17 16:36:40

I'm 38 weeks with third
Finished work 2 weeks ago with the intention of going cleaning/ organising/ painting crazy with my house

I haven't even packed my hospital bag let alone done any of the above

I have watched loads of cute puppies on YouTube though

HughLauriesStubble Wed 08-Mar-17 17:27:36

Ha! Thank p0p p0pl

HughLauriesStubble Wed 08-Mar-17 17:35:00

Oops think one of the dcs got hold of my phone there! blush Good to know I'm not the only one then grin I finished up my part time work 2 weeks ago and was super excited to have free time to get everything done but apart from nagging dh into building the crib, not much else has been achieved hmm

highinthesky Wed 08-Mar-17 17:37:09

Third time round you're chilled about it, and rightly so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now