Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piles!

(12 Posts)
Badgerbird Tue 07-Mar-17 20:49:50

So I'm nearly 29 weeks and have piles blush Just 1 smallish one at the moment. Def not constipated, go easily & regularly. It's really sore and uncomfortable. I'm using Anusol thinking it will go away but my friend who had piles when pregnant laughed at me and says it probably won't go, I may get more and I should pop it back in shock Help! What to do/use?

miserableandinpain Tue 07-Mar-17 20:51:35

Hi i am 34 weeks. I have internal ones. I bleed when i go to the toilet sad no pain though. Just ask your midwife. Dont be embarassed and yes you can pop them back in. They probably will go after baby as you only have one small one. But if it does come back at other times there are different creams you can use x

daisygirlmac Tue 07-Mar-17 20:52:41

YY to pop it back in...sorry blush When you're having a shower is best. You could also try suppositories, they really helped with mine

ILikeSalmon Wed 08-Mar-17 08:22:53

I am 38 weeks, never had piles but I bled yesterday and I reckon I will end up with them. I'm dreading it.
Donthey litteraly just hang out your bum? The thought of pushing something 'back in' makes me feel quesy but I certainly wouldn't get anyone else to do it for me!!

Ah the joys of pregnancy

Spudlet Wed 08-Mar-17 08:28:30

Argh, mine were v v bad... I got terribly constipated and I was too embarrassed to do anything about it for ages blush

The GP can prescribe steroid cream that really helps, and yy to pushing it gently back in. Do as much as you can to stay non constipated, lactulose is great and the GP can give you that too (you can get it otc as well).

If they hurt, an ice pack made of frozen peas in a sandwich bag and wrapped in some kitchen roll for insulation can help, but don't leave it on for too long or you might get a cold burn to add to your bum woes shock

Mine used to make me cry because they hurt so much, but they're all gone now! Just try not to get constipated, that's the key.

Badgerbird Wed 08-Mar-17 11:53:54

So saw dr today and she just says not much can do really. Can try popping back in but it may not go back in, be painful and will probably pop back out again anyway. Prescribed me some soothing ointment but it won't get rid of it sad

So sorry to hear others suffering, it's really quite debilitating isn't it! Ordering a ring cushion to help with sitting at home.

I'm def not constipated, go 2-3 times a day with no pushing it's just pressure from baby. Gonna try some natural cures as gotta get rid of it. I can't not walk properly for next 10+ weeks, I'll get massive and lose my marbles!! Oh and I've got that thing called work too confused

Good luck everyone and if you find a miracle cure let me know smile

Tilly2017 Wed 08-Mar-17 17:41:46

Hi im 13 weeks and am suffering g badly with piles but can't use anusol due to allergies but using hermorids (blue box) swear by the stuff!! Will talk to my midwife at my 16 week appointment about it.

mummy2pickle Wed 08-Mar-17 19:28:39

I have just had a doctors appointment regarding this I'm 23 weeks pregnant and suffering bad. I had them with dd1 and they never totally went away. The have come back with a vengeance now due to pressure of baby. They bleed and they are big but worse of all they itch like mad. I've been using anusol and prep h wipes which help but I'm not sleeping with the itchiness. Doctor has said it's hard to treat them whilst pregnant but has prescribed some stronger cream. I'm not liking this and hope they go away once babe is here

daisygirlmac Wed 08-Mar-17 19:34:18

Pelvic floor exercises can help to keep them in. I must say it didn't hurt when I pushed mine back in

Badgerbird Wed 08-Mar-17 21:36:13

How did it not hurt daisy??! Even touching it hurts shock Although I realise there is a lot more pain and discomfort to come with childbirth!!

pickle you poor thing sad so the cream from dr doesn't actually make them go away/ shrink them? Does hemorids do that tilly?

I've been using coconut oil with a tiny bit of lavender oil today and it's def made it more comfortable...

MummaGiles Wed 08-Mar-17 21:37:48

Mine were awful. DS is 2 now and I am still haunted by it. It was painful to walk. But they disappeared post birth.

daisygirlmac Wed 08-Mar-17 22:17:37

I couldn't stand the feeling when I walked so I thought it couldn't be worse pushing them back in (apologies for the massive overshare here blush) I made sure my nails were short and just did it when I was washing my bits then put a suppository in which I thought was much more helpful than the cream. I used the germoloids ones - I think they have lidocaine or something in them so you do get relief for a bit. Moist toilet wipes are also your friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now