Talk

Advanced search

Positive pregnancy test followed by negatives

(11 Posts)
user1488903347 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:29:25

I took this test on Saturday and within minutes this clear line appeared, obviously I was excited so I took another test which was negative followed by another 2 negative tests [emoji30]
My period is due Saturday but this has really confused me.
I've been on anti-biotics ( which are safe as I checked ) and been put on folic acid tablets around 1month ago as my iron was low.
If anyone has any advice or past experiences i would be very grateful.

vaseandcandle Tue 07-Mar-17 16:34:29

So your period is due this saturday coming? Or was it due saturday just gone? If Its very early days, so possibly if you tested before your period the strength of urine or sensitivity of pregnancy test can impact the result. Its hard to hear, but you will need to wait a few days and test again.

user1488903347 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:36:03

No this Saturday coming my period is due

vaseandcandle Tue 07-Mar-17 16:39:40

ah, ok. So you got a positive around 7dpo, which is super early and may be why it didn't show on the other two tests. Perhaps wait two days and test with first morning urine with a first response test?

user1488903347 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:44:25

Thanks I was just worried as I've heard about evaporation lines and as the others tests were negative I feel a little confused.

vaseandcandle Tue 07-Mar-17 19:45:39

I don't know about evap lines. I have taken a lot of pregnancy tests and never experienced it. If the line appeared within the time frame, it should not be an evap line.

I have had a chemical pregnancy - got positive results for a few days before period, then tests became negative and period arrived a week late. I hope its not the case for you.

BertieBotts Tue 07-Mar-17 20:02:03

That test doesn't look positive to me, sorry sad

It used to be the case that a line was a line. Nowadays, some tests are produced very cheaply and can produce quite questionable results.

The vertical line in your test picture is very skinny, looks a little like the dye has become caught on the edge of the line without actually filling it in.

user1488903347 Tue 07-Mar-17 20:31:17

It was a Sainsbury's test , are These meant to be bad quality ?

Mummyme87 Wed 08-Mar-17 07:04:26

Yes. I got a few Evaps with Sainsbury's and Tesco tests. Go for a FRER or a pink dye

Gobbolinothewitchscat Wed 08-Mar-17 07:12:40

That looks like an evap line - it's not thick enough

I would do a FRER. It should work now

flippyflapper Wed 08-Mar-17 13:21:58

I have had so many of those lines on sainsburys tests. I wrote in and complained.

Avoid them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now