We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramps at exactly the same time of day

(13 Posts)
MrsB12345 Tue 07-Mar-17 15:20:22

Hi everyone.

For the last two days I've had really strong cramps / pain in my lower abdomen. Both days started at 11am and lasted no longer than 20 mins each. Am fine now and no spotting of bleeding with either.

Anyone else had this? I'm 5 1/2 weeks pregnant x

user1485196412 Tue 07-Mar-17 15:22:12

Weirdly I had exactly that when I was pregnant! It was quite bad! It lasted a few weeks then went away. Probably worth asking the midwife- I never figured out what it was!

AmyB1986 Tue 07-Mar-17 15:39:47

Hi, I'm 7+2 and have been having strong cramping since before my bfp. It seems to happen at the same time of day for me too.
I've had them in all my pregnancies and was told with my first that it's stretching of the ligaments and uterus. It's normal as long as it isn't accompanied by bleeding.

I take them as a good sign

MrsB12345 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:12:20

Thanks both. This is my first so find myself questioning every pain / twinge etc. Midwife app is booked for beginning of April but will call sooner if it continues x

samks Tue 07-Mar-17 21:18:01

I had this in very early pregnancy, it was agony I was doubled over in pain, midwife put it down to stretching. It stopped by about 10 weeks. Was worrying at the time but all was fine.

MrsB12345 Wed 08-Mar-17 21:57:36

Thanks for your help ladies x

rach217 Thu 09-Mar-17 14:31:45

I had this Sunday just gone, 2 quite severe bouts of cramps. I was doubled over in pain. Only last 10 maybe 15 minutes then all fine. I'm 6+1 weeks. Seen Dr this week had a feel around said all feels fine, and I haven't had the severe pains since. Most people seem to say without bleeding it's normal, but I'm still very worried. Got midwife appointment on 24th at 8 weeks, can't wait for my scan just to know all normal xx

Foncy87 Thu 09-Mar-17 18:15:09

I knew I was pregnant by cramps before I had my bfp and continued to have them until about 6 weeks. I researched it and it seems that it's normal and just a sign of early pregnancy! Don't worry! X

Waitingonasmile Thu 09-Mar-17 18:20:14

This happened to me at 4/5 weeks. The most horrific cramps about 4am for 4 nights. It's the worst pain I've ever felt and no explanation

FrizzBombDelight Thu 09-Mar-17 18:28:20

I am 27weeks and have had period pain type cramps on and off through out with some weeks worse than others. I've recently had one where I thought I'd have to pull over from driving it was so bad! Midwife didn't bat an eyelid and said all normal. My first too, so hard not to worry!!

MrsB12345 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:49:44

Thanks ladies. I saw my doc today (went because I had a urine test) and explained it to her. She didn't seem worried and as there is not bleeding she wasn't worried. The severity of cramps have worn off now - hopefully it was a one off. I really hope it was because it was horrific and so hard to get through whilst at work when no one knows x

calimommy Fri 10-Mar-17 03:18:10

Not to be rude but could it possibly be bowel related? Especially if it's happening at the same time each day?
Another thing to consider is hydration, you might feel cramps if your dehydrated although it's a bit early for that.
Otherwise it could be just the usual early preg cramping, I used to always get it too.

MrsB12345 Sat 11-Mar-17 21:24:28

Thanks for the advice. My hubby said the same. Luckily it's eased off now .... thankfully. Pregnancy isn't easy is it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now