Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tens Machines - worth buying my own?

(7 Posts)
jessm2109 Tue 07-Mar-17 14:30:43

I am going to a birthing centre for my birth (first baby) and so obviously with this, I am all for going for as natural as possible.
They support tens machines there, I was just wondering what everyone elses experience was with one? And is it worth getting one of my own.

(I am 36 weeks this weeks so will need to get one soon if I decide to go for it!)

Thanks all.x

Wolfiefan Tue 07-Mar-17 14:32:49

I hired one. It was great but I wouldn't have any use of it other than in labour! If you are buying one make sure it has a boost button or it won't be much use!

Crapbags Tue 07-Mar-17 14:35:53

You can hire them I did this for both my pregnancies. Most places offer hire or buy. I think you can keep them for up to 8 weeks or so they give you a pre addressed free post box to send them back once you've finishes with them. I can't remember how much this was but it was definitely cheaper than buying. I used them for contractions in early-mid labour and found them good in that they distract you from the pain. I also liked that you could control the speed and if I recall correctly they also had a boost button you could press when a big contraction kicked in. Again this all helped to distract me from the pain and feel a bit more 'in control'.

Good luckflowers

JessieMillz25 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:21:28

You can hire them from Tesco :-). I don't know anything about the cost though

Tobuyornot99 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:28:39

www.boots.com/boots-tens-maternity-unit-10185535
I had this one, was fantastic. Hiring was only about a fiver cheaper, so I bought, and have been able to lend to friends so definitely got good value

Scottishweddinghelp Tue 07-Mar-17 16:38:53

You should check with your MLU that you are giving birth in. For my last birth, they provided one when I had first went in (ended up using it for about 5 hours). I didn't realise that was even a possibility - worth checking into.

Celticlassie Tue 07-Mar-17 17:36:20

I hired mine from http://www.birthease.co.uk/birtheaseshop/Elle-TENs-Machine-Hire.shtml?gclid=CLaKrL2Gk9ICFdQQ_Gwodf9gHuA

Seems to be quite reasonable. Don't have it yet so can't comment on how good it was, but for £20 it seemed worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now