Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone have thier 16 week midwife at 15wks?

(9 Posts)
Lelly0503 Tue 07-Mar-17 13:45:25

My '16' week midwife apt has been booked for this week when I'm only 15 weeks. Does this matter a huge amount? My friend had the same midwife as me and she does attempt to listen to the heartbeat..will this still be possible at 15wks? Im just not loving the period between 12-20 weeks and the midwife apt was the only thing sort of keeping me relaxed. It's great it's this week but I would like to hear the HB as I think it will put my mind at rest. When can u hear the HB from? X

EpoxyResin Tue 07-Mar-17 13:53:15

Don't worry, whether or not your mw will be able to easily find the heartbeat will have much more to do with your body shape and your baby's position on the day than whether or not she's doing it this week or next smile

On some people on some days a heartbeat can be found as early as the first trimester. I've known some people on other days have it not easily be found until closer to the third! You've got no worse chance of hearing it this week than next so don't worry; I think most people get to hear it (word of mouth, no statistical fact here) but I'm sure you'll get the reassurance you need from the mw.

Snowflakes1122 Tue 07-Mar-17 14:29:01

It doesn't really matter that much. My midwife appointment days fall when I'm half a week early or half a week late (only appointments one day a week)

Lelly0503 Tue 07-Mar-17 14:34:17

Thank you, I suppose I didn't want to get there and be turned away or have to come back so I rang back and re arranged it for when il be dead on 16 wks xx

BeaRulez Thu 09-Mar-17 12:04:05

Doesn't really matter, I had my 16 week appointment at 18 weeks, nothing really goes on to be honest x

Ecureuil Thu 09-Mar-17 12:08:48

In my area they don't listen to the heartbeat at all, at any appointment!
Having it at 15 weeks would have been fine.

MissMooMoo Thu 09-Mar-17 12:32:57

No it doesnt matter really. Mine are all out of sync! I just had my 28 week one at 29+3

mum2be2boys Thu 09-Mar-17 14:43:04

I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you are seeing the midwife at roughly the right time. My midwife only does appointments on a Friday. I'm going in tomorrow for my 31 week appointment - I will be 31+5 so closer to 32 weeks.

As previous post said, not much happened at my 16 week appointment - she basically just checked if I was ok, checked urine sample and blood pressure, felt bump and listened to heartbeat (she did warn me first that it isn't always possible to hear it at 16 week appointment anyway) and then I went home again.

JessieMillz25 Thu 09-Mar-17 15:35:46

Don't worry I had mine at 18 weeks! I now see my midwife every two weeks and none of them fall on the weeks you are meant to see them 😅

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now