Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Head down and engaged at 29 weeks?

(6 Posts)
Funnyonion17 Tue 07-Mar-17 12:51:45

Should I be worried or prepared to go early? Midwife didn't seem concerned just a bit surprised.

ILikeSalmon Tue 07-Mar-17 13:08:29

Surprising if it's your first
Otherwise very common.

mistermagpie Tue 07-Mar-17 13:19:03

Really? I was just told this morning by my midwife that it was unusual for the head to be engaged with a second baby at 36 weeks! Apparently with a second baby they move in and out of the pelvis more easily so don't engage as early.

For a first baby you are more likely to be engaged earlier but I don't think it means much in terms of labour. My DS head never engaged until I was in labour and he was two weeks early.

Funnyonion17 Tue 07-Mar-17 14:48:23

This is my 3rd baby and I can feel low movement and pressure, like I did from about 36 weeks with previous pregnancies. Hopefully baby will move again soon, just scared to do too much walking etc which I know sounds silly but I've got a holiday booked in a few weeks which entails a lot of family walks hmm

abbiebunn Mon 13-Mar-17 09:34:31

I'm having my second. And he was head down, engaged at my 34 week mw appointment.

Heirhelp Mon 13-Mar-17 09:36:44

My little one was head down very early but she never properly engaged and then turned the wrong way in labour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now