Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No bump at 18 weeks?

(9 Posts)
gemgems2214 Tue 07-Mar-17 12:13:30

I know im probably overreacting but i don't have a bump sad im 18 weeks on Thursday and have a bit of a belly but not an obvious bump.. I see girls who are like 16 weeks with bumps and its annoying me haha!! Im a size 16 so not skinny but still.. Thought id look more pregnant by now instead of like I've had a big lunch haha!!
When did your bump come in?
Also no movement yet.. Heartbeat was good and strong at 16 week check though.

Fluffylittleraccoon Tue 07-Mar-17 12:17:14

I wouldn't worry. People just carry differently. I was 22 weeks with twins before I told my colleagues, they had no idea as I barely had a bump. First pregnancy I barely looked pregnant at 40 weeks.

Movement in my first pregnancy for me started at about 18 weeks. Slightly earlier second time, but there were two of them moving about.

JonSnowsWhore Tue 07-Mar-17 12:35:49

Annoying isn't it. I'm an 18-20 & 26 weeks, I still just look fat. I went to the Drs today & had to mention my pregnancy to remind her, she forgets every time & just thinks I'm fatter than I am 😫

MabelTheCow Tue 07-Mar-17 12:44:17

My bump literally popped out at 24 weeks and hasn't stopped since ... I swear it is growing every day.

ShuttyTown Tue 07-Mar-17 12:44:41

Don't worry it'll come, I'm size 24 and waited an eternity to look pregnant! By the end when your bump is so huge you can't move properly you'll be wanting your normal tummy back grin

Sewingbeatshousework Tue 07-Mar-17 12:45:14

I feel for you as you feel like you're missing out, but on the other side I've looked pregnant since 6 weeks which I think has made the pregnancy drag (20 weeks now but feels like I've been pregnant a year!)

This is my 3rd DC and I've just started feeling movement over the last week, I was getting very anxious as expected it a lot sooner TBH.

Foggymist Tue 07-Mar-17 13:29:18

I'm a size 12 and didn't have a bump until 27+ weeks, it's still early and perfectly normal to not have a bump, everyone carries differently.

Lunalovepud Tue 07-Mar-17 15:44:09

I'm 17 weeks and just look fat - just getting a round belly and I am on DC2 so in theory, should have had a bump already!

Movements at this stage are very difficult to feel - I have felt some but I am convinced that is because I have been PG before so know what is likely to be baby and what is likely to be wind - although I am not 100% sure!

Your bump will appear soon and you will look all lovely and pregnant - then you'll have to start dodging bump touchers wink Also, make the most of the time you have before you have to wear trousers with an elasticated waist!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Jodie567 Tue 07-Mar-17 22:03:43

I know exactly how you feel!
I'm 26 weeks and I'm just looking fat, my gut seems to be getting bigger but you wouldn't say I look pregnant by any means.
I was a size 16 before and I'm wearing maternity clothes as they are more comfortable really.

It's quite upsetting after a while because I feel like this is not the pregnancy I thought I would have. As for moment I felt small kicks around 20 weeks and from their she hasn't sat still.

Enjoy your pregnancy ladies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now