Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PREGNANT & HAVE 12 WEEK OLD

(17 Posts)
YoungMum96 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:37:27

I desperately need someone to tell me they have done it and its okay! So I had my DS in December just gone and litterally 12 weeks later I've found I'm pregnant. Please don't judge as I had been very careful but I am allergic to majority of birth control (makes my hair fall out). I am happy & terrified at the same time. Like I am on maternity leave now and by the time I'm due to go back I will be giving birth again. I just need to speak to someone who has done this! The age gap between my two children will be around 10 months. HELP confused

PointlessUsername Mon 06-Mar-17 23:40:43

I have exactly 12 months between two of my dc. You will be fine and find a way to cope.

Bottles, nappies ect will all be done and out the way at the same age.

Congratulations

whirliebird Tue 07-Mar-17 12:46:03

It will be fine. I have 2 friends, one has 10months between babies and the other 13months. They both love the small age gaps x

Astro55 Tue 07-Mar-17 12:48:09

I had twins - so similar!

Just grown an extra pair of hands and you're all sorted!

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Mar-17 12:49:16

I have twins but in my option your situation is much tougher! Call the local college and ask for a nursery nursing student on placement when baby comes. An extra pair of hands will be essential.

Primaryteach87 Tue 07-Mar-17 12:50:34

On the maternity leave front, work might be peeved but you'll still be entitled to everything for the second as your first mat leave counts as working for qualifying purposes.

Don't panic! In lots of ways it will be a positive. I have a small gap and my eldest has benefited hugely from having me at home (due to dc2) and loves their sibling.

yolorolo Tue 07-Mar-17 20:34:47

12 month gap between my DC, it was tiring at times but at the moment its lovely play together etc and are very close. My managers at work were not impressed with my consecutive maternity leaves and I did face some resistance as to what package I should receive but after several months of rows between them and my HR department it all got sorted. As pp said you are entitled to everything you had in first leave as it counts for qualifying purposes. It can't have been too bad as I am pregnant with DC 3 and will have 3 under 3 soon! Good luck it'll be fine.

BeaRulez Thu 09-Mar-17 12:02:37

My boyfriends mum had him, then his sister was born 15 months later. She said she felt quite tired but apart from that she was fine. Lovely family and she's one of the best mums I know. Boyfriend and his sister get on really really well too seeing as theres a small age gap. x

Enjoyingmysleep Thu 09-Mar-17 22:35:24

My mumma had 5 pregnancies in 6 years...! we are SO close as sisters/mum and as a family and had the most wonderful childhood! You'll find a way, mums always do xxx

Melmam Thu 09-Mar-17 23:17:04

I have a 15 month old and have a 5 day old so far its been fine I was wondering how I would manage but I am managing well im tired but its amazing really.. it will be fine and they will be so close good luck amd congratulations on your pregnancy

ToesInWater Fri 10-Mar-17 03:57:07

Where I am from that age cap is called Irish twins! Congratulations.

MrsMontgomerySmythe Fri 10-Mar-17 04:12:57

My DH is 10.5 months younger than his DB so for 6 weeks a year they are the same age!

They are incredibly close and have grown up almost as twins. Same friends, same class sometimes (small village school).

Their closeness is a lovely thing to see. I wish the same for you and your children.

Spottyladybird Fri 10-Mar-17 04:30:40

My grandmother had 9 in 11 years!

I also teach boys in the same year who are brothers- one September, one July. They're lovely! Their mum said it was hard work, especially when she was heavily pregnant but as soon as they could they've entertained each other.

Wallywobbles Fri 10-Mar-17 04:33:01

DH is the youngest of 5 in 5 years. Don't recommend that many though in that time span.

They are all super close it's lovely and they worship their mum.

15 months between mine and it's mostly great. Most unpleasant part was cold food when they were both being spoon fed.

llemma Fri 10-Mar-17 07:27:41

There's about that much between me and my sister, i'm sure my mum found it stressful at the time but we've always been best pals due to small age gap and being into the same stuff at the same time. PPs are corrext that mat leave counts towards qualyfing dates, however, have a look at mat leave policy etc at your work as usually how much pay you get is based on how much you are paid leading up to 15th week before expected week of childbirth and you might be on no pay then, i've known people to get caught out by this so thought i'd mention xx

Toobloodytired Fri 10-Mar-17 08:00:38

18 months between me, DB & DS.

We are the exception, can't get on for longer than 5 minutes.

However, it wasn't too difficult with very young kids, she did it again once her youngest turned 14!

Now has 3 more with 18 months between them.

justinelibertine Fri 10-Mar-17 08:02:30

Congratulations op! You'll be fine.

But please can we not start the Irish Twins thing again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now