Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Am I pregnant?

(16 Posts)
user1488840626 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:02:30

Hey to whoever is reading,
I am now currently about 6 days late for my period, however a couple of days before my period was meant to be due I had some pink/brow spotting, it was only noticeable when I wiped so I didn't need to wear a pad or panty liner. This lasted for two days and wasn't consistent, it was only a little. My boobs fell and look fuller and I've been constantly tired and have been taking so many naps. I also cannot eat without being sick and I need to pee a lot. I've been having very mild cramps, most of the times it's painless. However when I took a pregnancy test today at home it came out negative? I'm not sure if it's because it's one of those cheap strip ones or not but any advice or help would be appreciated! Thank you x
P.S. I did have unprotected sex during ovulation

user1488840626 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:03:02

*brown

myoriginal3 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:04:38

Yes.

You're pregnant.

Georgeofthejungle Mon 06-Mar-17 23:05:48

All symptoms of pregnancy but also all symptoms of normal cycle!
A test will never give a false positive bii could give a false negative. Have you studied it for even the faintest hint of a second line? x

KoolKoala07 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:06:29

Yes I'd agree, more than likely, you're pregnant. Test in a few more days.

Sparklingbrook Mon 06-Mar-17 23:06:31

If the test is negative then presumably not.

ScarletSienna Mon 06-Mar-17 23:15:16

I would try a digital test if possible. Symptoms could be either so really hard to tell.

user1488840626 Tue 07-Mar-17 00:09:56

Thank you all for the quick messages, I have no studied for any faint positives because I feel like I might be seeing things if I look too hard and I don't want false hope so I'll test in a couple of days. Also the test I took wasn't with my first morning wee so idk if it's because of that. Thank you all so much again x

mummabubs Tue 07-Mar-17 06:56:24

It took me until 5 days late to get my first BFP and the two tests I'd taken before that but after AF being due were both negative. Advice usually is if BNF but still no AF wait 48 hours and retest again with your first wee of the day. Good luck!

mummabubs Tue 07-Mar-17 06:58:36

(For what it's worth personally I'd avoid digital tests! Midwives don't like them as they are renowned for being inaccurate and I don't like them because they're hideously expensive!!) Standard pee stick will detect a pregnancy too 😊

SamiS Tue 07-Mar-17 07:14:22

Thank you, I will be testing tomorrow or the day after as I tested yesterday, I only have those strip ones that you dip into a container of wee so I'll probably go out a buy a stick x

Georgeofthejungle Tue 07-Mar-17 09:31:19

Let us know how you get on smile

ScarletSienna Tue 07-Mar-17 10:28:43

Digital can't be inaccurate if they say positive though.

mummabubs Tue 07-Mar-17 16:16:47

True Scarlet but then the same is true of non-digital, which are usually equally as sensitive but less than half the price!

haveacupoftea Tue 07-Mar-17 20:56:20

If its negative probably not tbh. This question crops up a lot and 99 times out of 100 the person is not pregnant.

SamiS Tue 21-Mar-17 13:07:15

Update: just got what seems like my period today after 20 days being late

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: