Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Doesn't seem real yet!

(17 Posts)
irishlass1234 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:34:03

I got my first BFP on 2 tests today after 5 months of trying, but when I saw it I was excited but still kinda "ok, cool, off to work then..." and I have been bubbling with happiness today at times, but other times not bothered, if that makes sense.

My question is when does it actually hit you that's it's real?

It sometimes feels like it's happening to someone else? Thanks

Still waiting for it to sink in!

anxiousandpregnant Mon 06-Mar-17 21:36:52

I'm 11 weeks and it still doesn't feel real to me, I have my first scan this week so hopefully once I see baby on screen it will feel real! Congratulations

irishlass1234 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:42:26

Ah ok, that's a relief! I thought I should be jumping about the place screaming!! Don't get me wrong I am happy, but I'm just cautious I think, incase anything happens. Best of luck at your scan.

jmariehac Mon 06-Mar-17 21:42:38

I agree this is my 3rd I'm now 9 weeks and done at seem real yet usually when u see your baby on the scan ...congratulations xx

neonrainbow Mon 06-Mar-17 21:43:48

My babies are 11 weeks old and it still doesn't feel real! grin

Elland Mon 06-Mar-17 22:04:37

Agree with neon, 10 week old at home and it still doesn't feel real!

SelfObsessionHoney Mon 06-Mar-17 22:09:49

Mines 22 weeks and kicking like crazy at the moment. Still doesn't feel real!

haveacupoftea Mon 06-Mar-17 22:35:19

27+3 - i'm sure it'll hit me sometime grin

drinkyourmilk Mon 06-Mar-17 22:55:32

I'm 36 weeks and it's still surreal! I'm assuming the birth will help it hit home!

Foggymist Mon 06-Mar-17 23:25:22

Felt real when he was about 3 months old.

Foggymist Mon 06-Mar-17 23:26:51

It's a very Hollywood/Hallmark ideal that you'd spend every moment excited, that's not practical or sensible!

chelle85 Tue 07-Mar-17 08:04:40

i've had 3 scans so far and it doesn't feel real

My SIL had a baby at start of Feb and she said when visitors were holding baby and said "pass you back to your mummy" she was like "shit that's me!". So even after birth it doesn't feel real!

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Tue 07-Mar-17 09:41:30

It didn't feel real to me with any of them until they were in my arms. That's despite all the symptoms, the worry, the kicks & countless appointments & scans each time. Congratulations flowers

Gingerbreadmam Tue 07-Mar-17 09:53:05

im 12+4 and still doesnt feel real even after 3 scans! think this stage feels even less real as symptoms are fading and you cant feel baby yet. its weird ha!

Glitterbubble Tue 07-Mar-17 10:29:42

I'm only 7+2 so doesn't feel real to me either and I suspect it won't for a long time!

Haha chelle I love that!!! That will be me one day, oh shit that's me!! grin

irishlass1234 Tue 07-Mar-17 10:39:17

I know, I suppose when I start telling people it'll be more real! I've taken another test this morn, to prove to myself I hadn't made it all up, and still quite faint but still visible. Did any of yours stay faint, as I was expecting it to get darker each day?

anxiousandpregnant Tue 07-Mar-17 12:53:20

mine was faint to start with and I got told to leave it two days and then take another test first thing on a morning. Did this and the line was sooo much darker. You need to give the HCG levels chance to rise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now