Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ectopic?

(14 Posts)
TheManicMummy Mon 06-Mar-17 20:00:38

I'll be the first to put my hands up and say I am a paranoid wreck right now... my last pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage, I have a 2 year old and 1 year old running around the house all day so I'm undoubtably stressed.

But! I've found out that I'm pregnant. I'm four weeks and I've been getting sharp pains down my right side? I'm petrified this pregnancy could be an ectopic ??

Caterina99 Mon 06-Mar-17 20:41:40

Cramps and pains can be normal stretching. I had an ectopic with zero pain, so you just don't know at all.

If you have any concerns then the only thing you can do is get checked out. No one on here can tell you if it's ectopic or not sadly.

Jakc Mon 06-Mar-17 20:48:29

Yes it could be, fingers crossed it's not but I had one two weeks ago. It did start of around 4 weeks, also had some spotting. I went to doctors and got hgc bloods taken 48 hours apart, it showed my levels weren't doubling which they should have, they went up then down then back up staying roughly the same. Can you go to the doctors and request these bloods?

TheManicMummy Mon 06-Mar-17 21:00:25

So sorry for your losses xx

I think im noticing every little twinge as I'm scared thinking that this pregnancy will end in miscarriage/ectopic. I will leave it a few days and see if the pain gets any worse and then call the doctor and see if I can get those tests done xxx

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Mon 06-Mar-17 21:08:06

Hi,
Similar experience to Jakc, except GP sent me straight to EPU for bloods, unfortunately it showed really low HGC levels.

But.. Second pregnancy. Loads of stretching pains, loads of spotting, was really worried the whole time but couldn't face the blood tests, and she's 2yo now smile

Waiting a couple of days sounds like a good plan, unless you get any referred pain in your shoulder or any further symptoms

Good luck

Jakc Mon 06-Mar-17 21:30:47

Definitely go in if you do get some spotting, or if pains get worse, if it was ectopic if they catch it early enough they give you an injection, sadly it didn't work for me and it ended up rupturing requiring emergancy surgery at 6.5 weeks. But it is meant to work in 90-95% of people and the earlier the better so it maybe worth getting bloods done and will hopefully put your mind at rest and let you enjoy your pregnancy? Xx

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Mon 06-Mar-17 21:43:06

Jakc flowers

TheManicMummy Mon 06-Mar-17 22:21:59

I'll definitely look up more signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy just to be aware if any new signs do crop up. The pain is worse than it was earlier, more like shooting/stabbing pains?

flowers

Jakc Mon 06-Mar-17 23:35:48

Mines was shooting/stabbing pains but they weren't that bad To begin with, I still went to work etc, pains only got really bad a few days before it ruptured, but have never felt pain like it when it actually did, if it wasn't for the fact I got bloods taken (I've had 8 miscarriages hence why I got checked so early as assumed I would miscarry) I wouldn't have known it was ectopic. So wouldn't have been prepared. When it did rupture it came on so suddenly, one minute I was fine, next I was screaming in agony, have never felt pain like that before, and was bleeding what felt like litres, if it wasn't for my kids phoning an ambulance (I wasn't able too even within 5 mins off it happening) I really believe I would be dead. I don't want to scare you but please go get bloods taken so you know asap. It probably isn't ectopic, normal pregnancy you get pains and stretches at the start too, but with this one I kind of knew it was different to all my pregnancys and miscarriages. I don't know why I just didn't feel pregnant which is probably because the hormones didn't double like they were supposed too. I never got the shoulder pain either, until I woke up after my op. But it is a sign for a lot of people but usually when it's gone really bad xx

Jakc Mon 06-Mar-17 23:38:23

Ps thank you princess of power. I know I'm projecting my own experience to this post, but it's still so raw

TheManicMummy Tue 07-Mar-17 07:25:24

Thank you soo so much Jakc & Princess - you must be very proud of your children, it's something I do worry about as my two are only 2years old and 1 years old so if anything ever happened to me at home where I couldn't ring an ambulance I would most probably die... it's a really scary thought and I woke up a few times in the night with pains - I'm not going to take the risk and I'll be ringing my doctors at 8.30am to get an appointment x

Jakc Thu 09-Mar-17 19:02:11

How have you been? Hope all is well xx

StripeyMonkey1 Thu 09-Mar-17 19:05:10

I had no pain with my ectopic but like Jakc it felt 'wrong' somehow.

I did have stabbing pains with my viable pregnancy though!

If you have any concerns I'd go to the GP and get an early scan. Better to be safe than sorry.

StripeyMonkey1 Thu 09-Mar-17 19:05:56

Sorry - late to this. I hope it all went well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now