Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Discharge (sorry if tmi)

(2 Posts)
Smurf123 Mon 06-Mar-17 17:56:26

Hi
So today I am 7 weeks 2 days but I got told this morning that the heart has stopped beating :-( having seen a good heartbeat at 6weeks I'm devastated that this is now going to be our second miscarriage in 7 months.
I have no bleeding or cramps but I have just returned from a long walk with my husband and when I went to the bathroom there was some very thick clear stretchy discharge when I wiped and quite a lot of it or for me anyway. I'm just wondering what could this be? Is this a sign of miscarriage?
My last miscarriage was a missed miscarriage and I ended up have erpc as it never happened naturally so I really don't know what to expect.
I just want to understand what's going on and why.. I'm 27 and it just feels like everything is going wrong for us. We were so excited to see a heartbeat 10 days ago and we though yes we are past that point we made it to before (6w4d first pregnancy discovered at 9weeks) this time 6weeks 6days (that's what we were measuring at on Friday but with a slow heartbeat) I never asked today whether or not the baby had kept growing anymore just that today there was no heartbeat at all.
Sorry long post that kind of lost its point... I can't seem to find anything on Google about the discharge only that it's sometimes a normal sign of increased progesterone or estrogen during first trimester but if my pregnancy has ended surely my levels of those would be lowering not increasing and I haven't had it like this before today.

JuliaC81 Mon 06-Mar-17 20:32:02

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how heartbreaking it is after being told my baby had no heartbeat at 17 weeks last year. I also had no bleeding, cramps or any type of indication of a miscarriage. My baby had stopped growing at 13 weeks and I found it really difficult to accept that my body hadn't warned me in 4 whole weeks. Although I did not personally have any discharge, I have been trying to research for you and came across an article which states the following: "A vaginal discharge of fluid that is pink or clear is a sign of a first trimester miscarriage. This fluid may contain clots or other tissue. This discharge could be pregnancy tissue and fluids from the uterus."
I know it's an incredibly hard time for you right now but please stay strong and don't give up. You are still young and I have close people around me who have suffered a miscarriage, some even more than one, and have gone on to have beautiful children.
If you need to talk, I am always around here. Take care xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now