Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you go back to the EPU with this at 15wk? *graphic photo*

(45 Posts)
MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 15:32:37

I've been on/off bleeding for a week. When it's peaking it's like this but more red and with heavy watery bloody flow that stops as suddenly as it starts. The EPU didnt seem bothered when it started. I've had pain whenever I bleed etc. They scanned me but baby's ok and placenta was high. I'm going nuts with this angry

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 15:33:37

Sonetimes it's brown. Sometimes it vivid red. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

raviolidreaming Mon 06-Mar-17 15:36:25

I would. Hope all is okay.

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 15:37:50

It's 30 mins away and I have a 6yr old so I'll be gutted if I go again and get no answers and am just stressed out from the drive/sorting stuff for DS etc. Why can't it just STOP. Properly.

AntiHop Mon 06-Mar-17 15:38:03

I'd go.

MrsCharlesBrandon Mon 06-Mar-17 15:38:34

I would.

With DD2 and DS i was in and out like a yoyo with bleeding, both resulted in a healthy birth but for my own peace of mind i wanted it checked.
No actual reason found for either, was told it was probably due to hormonal changes affecting my cervix.

WantingBaby1 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:17:25

I'd go. Fingers crossed for you.

chickensatay Mon 06-Mar-17 16:24:35

Definitely go.

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:34:31

Good to know MrsCharles Thank you.

They said as I've heard a heartbeat today they won't scan. I'm so so so fed up.

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:43:39

I just feel like I've been left to let this drag on and maybe turn into a miscarriage.

Floggingmolly Mon 06-Mar-17 16:46:45

God, that looks awful sad. But to be honest if you've heard a heartbeat today your chances of miscarrying are no greater than anyone else's at 15 weeks. Sometimes bleeding really has no explanation.
Good luck flowers

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:49:53

Yeah I guess. Thanks.

eviethehamster Mon 06-Mar-17 16:50:58

How many weeks are you OP?

eviethehamster Mon 06-Mar-17 16:51:33

Never mind I just saw 15 weeks. I thought at 15 weeks you can go to maternity rather than EPU?

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:51:39

15 +5

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:52:10

It's 16 weeks here for some reason :/

countingdown2gin Mon 06-Mar-17 16:52:26

I would as well. With this pregnancy i had 5 scans at the EPU for bleeding every time was fine but for my own peace of mind I did it. I kept thinking I'd kick myself if it wasn't ok this time round.

Good luck flowers

eviethehamster Mon 06-Mar-17 16:53:48

At your scan did they look for or mention a hemorrhage around the placenta?

WantingBaby1 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:53:51

If you've heard a heartbeat today that's great news! A friend had frequent heavy bleeding until approx week 18 but at 24 weeks baby is fine and bleeding has stopped. She never found out the cause. It's incredibly worrying I know. You're doing all you can do. Be kind to yourself flowers

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:54:40

They didn't really check anything but the baby and it's heartbeat etc at the last epu scan.

eviethehamster Mon 06-Mar-17 16:55:44

You had a scan today, right? Did they know about the bleeding you've been having?

SleepFreeZone Mon 06-Mar-17 16:58:10

God how frightening, fingers crossed everything is ok OP 💐

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 16:59:06

No scan since my Epu one last Monday. They know I'm bleeding and have pain etc. Thanks. I'm just so worn out now.

chelle85 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:59:24

Try speaking to maternity unit see if they will see you. I had a heavy bleed at 12 weeks and went to EPU. Baby fine on scan and bleeding lasted about 20 mins but was heavy and red. Since then for the last 3 weeks I have had brown discharge. Not as bad as your pic but EPU didn't want to know and wouldn't even do a further scan at 15 weeks even though I last had one at 12+5. After speaking to midwife that I wasn't happy she spoke with maternity unit who agreed to see me. They checked my cervix and diagnosed cervical ectropian. It is when cells that normally are inside the cervix grow outside and they are much more sensitive and easily irritated. Mine in particular is set of by bowel movements and I will get a lot of brown discharge for a couple of hours after. They can also cause red bleeding.

Defo worth asking them to check as this isn't harmful at all to the baby but is reassuring to know what is causing the bleeding

Hope you get some answers

MilleniumTalcum Mon 06-Mar-17 17:03:05

Thank you flowers I might try that!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now