Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it okay to get ear piercings

(10 Posts)
blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 15:04:34

Hey,

I've been reading up about getting piercings while pregnant and have seen more bad then good comments. I understand there is a risk but has anybody else got a piercing while pregnant or is it just best to wait?

I wouldn't ever do anything to put the baby in danger but was just wandering people's thoughts x

confusedat23 Mon 06-Mar-17 15:06:05

I am not a medic, but I would imagine it increases the chance of a blood infection massivly... which could then pass onto the baby?

Can it really not wait 9 months at most OP? confused

blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 15:09:40

Yeah, I've said I don't mind waiting. I was just wandering what people thought and if anyone else had gotten it done.

DearMrDilkington Mon 06-Mar-17 15:11:21

I'm not sure any good piercing shops would touch you whilst your pregnant anyway. Too much risk for many things.

DearMrDilkington Mon 06-Mar-17 15:13:02

May I ask which ear piercing you were thinking of getting? Just being nosey, I like piercings.grin

Choccyhobnob Mon 06-Mar-17 15:15:51

I think it is definitely best to wait, and like previous poster said, no good piercing shop would do it whilst you are pregnant anyway x

blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 15:18:38

Yeh I don't mind waiting. I've been thinking about it for a while and obviously wouldn't go and get it done knowing it could harm the baby.

Don't want anyone thinking I'm a bad person for asking this, I just wanted to see what everyone thought to make sure.

Thanks guys x

MrsBellefleur Mon 06-Mar-17 15:19:32

I'd wait. I was booked in for a tattoo before I found out I was pregnant have rescheduled to when baby will be 6 months.

Any reputable person shouldn't pierce/tattoo a pregnant woman. Chance of infection and bleeding is higher.

AmyB1986 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:00:31

Personally I'd wait. It can increase the risk of infections which you don't want to risk whilst pregnant.

I had a piercing 3 months before I conceived which failed to heal correctly but since being pregnant it seems to have healed within days it's odd. However, in one of my other pregnancies I had my nose pierced. Rather than it not healing or getting infected, the piercing actually rejected itself and ended up pushing its way out of my nose. Maybe a coincidence but had it done again after and it healed up nicely.

Most places won't touch you anyway 😊

blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 23:20:37

Okay thanks for the message 😊 I'm definitely going to wait, it's only a few more months now anyway. Wouldn't want to risk anything x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now