Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is it okay to get ear piercings

(10 Posts)
blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 15:04:34

Hey,

I've been reading up about getting piercings while pregnant and have seen more bad then good comments. I understand there is a risk but has anybody else got a piercing while pregnant or is it just best to wait?

I wouldn't ever do anything to put the baby in danger but was just wandering people's thoughts x

confusedat23 Mon 06-Mar-17 15:06:05

I am not a medic, but I would imagine it increases the chance of a blood infection massivly... which could then pass onto the baby?

Can it really not wait 9 months at most OP? confused

blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 15:09:40

Yeah, I've said I don't mind waiting. I was just wandering what people thought and if anyone else had gotten it done.

DearMrDilkington Mon 06-Mar-17 15:11:21

I'm not sure any good piercing shops would touch you whilst your pregnant anyway. Too much risk for many things.

DearMrDilkington Mon 06-Mar-17 15:13:02

May I ask which ear piercing you were thinking of getting? Just being nosey, I like piercings.grin

Choccyhobnob Mon 06-Mar-17 15:15:51

I think it is definitely best to wait, and like previous poster said, no good piercing shop would do it whilst you are pregnant anyway x

blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 15:18:38

Yeh I don't mind waiting. I've been thinking about it for a while and obviously wouldn't go and get it done knowing it could harm the baby.

Don't want anyone thinking I'm a bad person for asking this, I just wanted to see what everyone thought to make sure.

Thanks guys x

MrsBellefleur Mon 06-Mar-17 15:19:32

I'd wait. I was booked in for a tattoo before I found out I was pregnant have rescheduled to when baby will be 6 months.

Any reputable person shouldn't pierce/tattoo a pregnant woman. Chance of infection and bleeding is higher.

AmyB1986 Mon 06-Mar-17 23:00:31

Personally I'd wait. It can increase the risk of infections which you don't want to risk whilst pregnant.

I had a piercing 3 months before I conceived which failed to heal correctly but since being pregnant it seems to have healed within days it's odd. However, in one of my other pregnancies I had my nose pierced. Rather than it not healing or getting infected, the piercing actually rejected itself and ended up pushing its way out of my nose. Maybe a coincidence but had it done again after and it healed up nicely.

Most places won't touch you anyway 😊

blondehair Mon 06-Mar-17 23:20:37

Okay thanks for the message 😊 I'm definitely going to wait, it's only a few more months now anyway. Wouldn't want to risk anything x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: