Talk

Advanced search

Cyclizine

(12 Posts)
Twinklelittlestar1 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:30:57

Ok so I tried this in my last pregnancy and it barely touched the nausea, this time I tried it and it seemed like a miracle cure- so much so it's unnerved me! I can eat semi-normally and actually do some stuff rather than lying in bed. So different to my last pregnancy where I was bed bound and on a combination of two drugs which barely touched it.

Anyone else found the anti sickness meds like a miracle cure?

drinkyourmilk Mon 06-Mar-17 13:04:17

I went through a few drugs and ended up with Ondansetron. Bloody marvellous stuff! Only sick 3-4 x a week now.

xStefx Mon 06-Mar-17 13:07:01

That's mad, cyclizene did nothing on my daughter and so I had ondansetron. Last time round Ondansatron did nothing and cyclizene worked a treat! Cant explain why

Twinklelittlestar1 Mon 06-Mar-17 13:16:41

Xstefx that's exactly what I want to hear! Maybe it is normal then. Are you able to function more or less normally on it?

xStefx Mon 06-Mar-17 14:51:30

It took a few weeks for me to get used to the tiredness to wear off but I was able to function (ish) and keep myself hydrated (I had HG so it will always be a struggle).
Hope it carries on working for you hun x

10storeylovesong Mon 06-Mar-17 17:00:44

Cyclizine worked last time for me but not touched it this morning. Prescribed ondansetron this morning and managed to keep food down today and actually feel human again!

Twinklelittlestar1 Mon 06-Mar-17 17:49:28

It makes me realise that I wasn't on the right meds last time. I never knew they could actually be this effective.

OhtoblazeswithElvira Mon 06-Mar-17 17:59:26

Cyclizine worked for me most of the time. Without it I would have spent my first pregnancy on the drip! With it I was able to function at a basic level:
on a good day it made me feel almost normal
On an ok day it meant I could throw up first thing, crawl into work and eat small meals
On a bad day it meant I could eat something and keep it down
On a really bad day it meant I was throwing up less and it would help me make it through the day without having to go to hospital
Happy days! grin

Glad you've found your meds OP and flowers on your pregnancy.

Laura2507 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:16:57

Did anyone find cyclizine made them really drowsy? I'm sure it has for me and whilst it may help sickness I'm still no use to the world if I'm dozing all day

10storeylovesong Mon 06-Mar-17 22:09:03

laura I took cyclizine with last pregnancy and had to take two weeks off work as it just made me sleep constantly. There is a warning on the box saying don't drive if it makes you drowsy.

peanutbutter310 Tue 07-Mar-17 07:48:46

Laura It made me incredibly drowsy for a week or so, but since my body has adapted it's been absolutely fine.

Laura2507 Tue 07-Mar-17 20:07:45

My doctor said to only take for a few days and then I got better for a while and then when I went sick again I got drowsy again.
Now I'm nervous to take it as it knocks me out so much. Going back to docs on Thursday see what they say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now