Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gender scan accuracy

(7 Posts)
user1480264544 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:05:23

I had my gender scan with baby bond a few weeks back at 17+6 weeks and it was confirmed as a girl.. I never saw any parts as I had a gender reveal party arranged and wanted a suprise to so it was sealed away in a envelope. My thing is the whole way through my pregnancy I've been convinced it's a boy.. everything has been different to my first (girl) even all of the nub guesses were guessed as boy.. skull guesses boy.. my friends and family all thought boy.. and most of all my entire body felt boy! Don't get me wrong I'm so so so so over the moon for a girl I'm just worried to buy anything lol! Has anyone had any experience of there scan being wrong?
I've attached pictures of 12 week and 17 week scan x

Snowflakes1122 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:15:27

It's unlikely (but not impossible) to be wrong at 17 weeks.

I was convinced my second daughter was a boy, but she was indeed a girl. I can relate to how convinced you can be!

Have you had your 20 week scan yet? You can double check gender then.

Poppiesway1 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:17:21

I'm a Sonographer. You cannot tell the sex of a baby from these photos. I'm assuming it was a private sexing scan you had?
I work for both NHS and privately. What we do in the private company is ask patient to close their eyes and we take images of the fetal sex and label them. This was when it's time for the reveal they will have images showing which sex the baby is.
Ring and ask them if they have these images stored on the machine? My company keeps an image on file if the patient comes back and says we weren't wrong... (only happened to my boss 3 times in 12 years so we have a high accuracy rate)
In my NHS position we had 100% accuracy at our last audit smile

user1480264544 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:17:58

Yeah it's on Friday! I wouldn't want to hear that she's now a he as I've started to bond with her as my daughter but I have this strange nagging feeling she is indeed a he! hmm I'm happy either way but it's driving me nutty lol x

Poppiesway1 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:20:40

My autocorrect has autocorrected the wrong words in my other post!!
I've worked for BabyBond and they are good with a very high standard expected of their Sonographers so I would go with them.
Keep your receipts for clothes etc though if you want to!

user1480264544 Mon 06-Mar-17 12:30:57

Yeah the whole experience was amazing which is why I feel bad for even questioning the accuracy.. the lady was great and very sure! I think it's probably my crazy hormones convincing me it's all wrong! But seriously I was so sure I was having a boy I just can't get my head round it! x

user1480264544 Tue 14-Mar-17 15:19:14

This is what I was sent as confirmation of babies gender, I have absolutely no clue what I'm looking for but I am sure she is still in fact a girl, my 20 week scan confirmed although the sonographer said she wasn't in the best of positions so it wasn't clear but "it looks like a girl to me" guessing my crazy gut instinct was totally wrong !! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now