Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 +4 - I can't wait any longer!

(1 Post)
xstaceyhx Mon 06-Mar-17 10:55:32

Hi all,

I'm 39+4 weeks now, due on 9th March - first pregnancy!

I'm so ready for baby to make an appearance now. The first 8 months of pregnancy went so fast, but since starting my maternity leave 2 weeks ago it's gone so slow. Wake every morning thinking today will be the day but nothing!

Not sure if I started to loose my plug over the weekend... more discharge than normal, but not bloody. Had real difficulty walking on Saturday, the pressure around the pubic/pelvic area was just something else! I keep getting tightenings and some on and off period like pains, but nothing ever seems to come of them! Baby still very active - but I hear it's a myth she will become quiet when she's ready to be delivered? Midwife said should still be feeling movements every hour.

Booked in for a membrane sweep on due date (Thursday) really hoping that'll bring baby on if she doesn't make an appearance before then. Hoping to birth in a midwife ran unit in Bristol, which we won't be able to do if I have to be induced - I know a lot can in a matter of hours, but starting to get impatient now lol!

How is everyone else doing? My birthing ball has been a savour these last few weeks, the only seat in the house I've found comfortable lol! Wishing you all the best of luck! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now