Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Waves of severe cramping

(4 Posts)
rach217 Mon 06-Mar-17 08:23:35

Hi All, I'm new to Mumsnet. Almost 6 weeks pregnant with my first, I haven't told anyone yet & have my first GP appointment tomorrow.

Anyway I've been suffering quite badly with waves of quite severe cramping in my lower abdomen. Almost like a pressure feeling in the very pit of my stomach. It's usually accompanied by nausea and passes after 5-10 minutes. Last night it was so bad I actually felt like I was dying (I can be a bit of a drama queen) but I was sweating and writhing in pain. Has anyone else had this? All I read is mild abdominal pain is normal, but I would never describe this as mild. Once it passes I feel fine again, and I maybe get it a couple of times a day. No bleeding at all. I will obviously check with my GP but any advice would be great.

Thanks xxx

yellowpuffafish Mon 06-Mar-17 08:33:32

I didn't want to read and run. I feel your pain. I cramped and bled with both my pregnancies very early on and everything was fine. Every pregnancy is different. I know it's hard but try not to worry

YoumeandlittleP Mon 06-Mar-17 08:41:01

I had severe cramping at about this point of my pregnancy too. It felt like stabbing pains all across my abdomen, sides and lower back. It turns out everything was fine though and apparently quite normal. Mine went on for over a week. I hope this helps.

rach217 Mon 06-Mar-17 08:58:34

Thank you so much to both of you, definitely made me feel better. It seems there are quite a few symptoms nobody tells you about. Haha! It all happened so quickly for us, I sometimes worry it was too easy! Crazy I know, hopefully once I see the doctor tomorrow my mind will be even more at ease. Thank you again xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now