We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Wear - where to shop?

(24 Posts)
DinosaurFanGirl Sun 05-Mar-17 23:22:34

Hi,

So I'm aware of ASOS being brilliant for maternity wear at an affordable price but I'm hoping I can get some advice for high street shops that stock fashionable maternity wear too.

I've had no luck in Debenhams, New Look, Topshop or H&M. Although they do maternity wear they stock very minimal (if any) in their shops. Plus I found most of the stuff to be frumpy and outdated anyway.

My mum said she struggled whilst she was pregnant to find any clothes she enjoyed wearing but I just hoped this had changed 24 years later!

Ta x

Spam88 Sun 05-Mar-17 23:34:41

I don't think you'll find much in the shops. I bought my jeans in H&M, in store so that I could try them on, but everything else has been ordered online (mostly ASOS and New Look).

haveacupoftea Sun 05-Mar-17 23:50:05

All my maternity clothes are from Yours, think they only do above a size 12 or 14 or something though.

babyunicornvomit Sun 05-Mar-17 23:54:46

Try New look but online. I got 2 pairs of maternity jeans for £12 a pair, some vest tops (2 for £5) and some t-shirts about £8 each, lovely quality and fit.

qate Mon 06-Mar-17 06:35:34

I've really struggled as well, especially as I have to wear a suit and a shirt for work, and trying to find "serious" maternity shirts/blouses has been a total nightmare.

For trousers and jeans, I've found Next to be really good - you have to order online as they don't stock in store, but you can pick up and return at the closest store to you which is really convenient. I've also had a couple of nice tops from them (and they often have sales on, which is convenient!). I was pretty disappointed with the in store selection in H&M and NL - off to have a look at the NL website now though!

DinosaurFanGirl Mon 06-Mar-17 06:43:37

Yeah i got my jeans from H&M and just found buying larger sized jumpers have got me through so far.

But, so it seems it's all only online really? That's a shame, my grandmother is really excited to go shopping with me for maternity dresses for my sisters hen party and wedding. Maybe I'll steer her towards baby clothes shopping instead and say I've got what I need already!

Thank you.

DrewOB0 Mon 06-Mar-17 06:48:46

I went EVERYWHERE, even flagship stores do not stock maternity wear anymore ! Only stock I could find was H&M and Topshop, though a lot of it did not fit. ( super skinny pleather trousers?) Look at Asda online or Asos

Sparklyuggs Mon 06-Mar-17 07:09:42

ASOS have lots of nice party dresses so you could do an at home trying on session with your Gran?

welshweasel Mon 06-Mar-17 07:12:19

I bought work dresses from Jojo and casual stuff from H&M and gap (online only).

nottakenpersonally Mon 06-Mar-17 07:13:03

eBay! Purpless, mamafeelsgood, boob.

GN06 Mon 06-Mar-17 07:16:49

Isabella Oliver is a great maternity brand.

Helbelle75 Mon 06-Mar-17 07:24:56

Purpless maternity online is great for tunics and dresses.

yellowpuffafish Mon 06-Mar-17 07:31:36

yummymummymaternity smile

Sunshinegirl82 Mon 06-Mar-17 08:58:11

Jojo's is the best for actually having stuff in store I found so I got a lot of stuff from there. Seraphine are also good (they are mainly online, they do have shops but in London) and Tiffany Rose are great for occasion stuff.

DinosaurFanGirl Mon 06-Mar-17 09:10:24

Sparklyuggs that's a brilliant idea! She'll love that.

kel1493 Mon 06-Mar-17 10:01:33

Honestly I didn't wear maternity clothes. I just got normal clothes in the next size up.
I did get a couple of pairs of maternity jeans and hated them as they were so uncomfortable.

Lalalax3 Mon 06-Mar-17 10:04:17

I'm a plus size mama and I get stuff from H&M, ASDA, Yours and M&S.

musicalfrog Mon 06-Mar-17 17:51:46

It's ridiculous that you can't get maternity clothes in store any more. May I direct you to this thread which gives details of my Facebook maternity buy/sell group. Might save some pennies for some of you on some preloved bits. It's local but sellers will probably post x

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2865322-The-struggle-to-find-maternity-clothes?msgid=67358575#67358575

Mouse14 Mon 06-Mar-17 20:50:32

Jo Jo is my saviour at the moment mainly because they actually stick a range of things in store.

New Look for leggings but there's nothing much else in store at the mo.

REALLY struggling for a dress to wear to a pretty formal dinner in a couple of weeks and then to double up for a wedding. I don't really want to pay £170 plus for something online that I'm only going to wear twice. Can't find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Sunshinegirl82 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:15:37

You can usually pick up Tiffany rose and seraphine stuff on eBay, I got a few really nice bits secondhand, often only worn once or twice. What are toylike get for and what size are you? People might have some suggestions.

Sunshinegirl82 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:17:21

Alternatively, spend the money and then sell in? I think there's a pretty decent market for it.

I am still living in Jojo dresses and ds is 8 months! Their nursing stuff is great!

newbieho Mon 06-Mar-17 21:18:25

Gap for bump tops and Dorthy Perkins leggins are my saviour

Sunshinegirl82 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:47:51

Mouse14 how about something like this? http://www.tiffanyrose.com/maternity/clothing/ELIZAM/Eliza-Maternity-Dress-Short-(Aqua-Marine).html

Not super cheap I know but not completely horrendous. Limited sizes though.

MMK123 Fri 10-Mar-17 10:51:26

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now