Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just got my BFP... a little surprised

(2 Posts)
DuRezidal Sun 05-Mar-17 20:06:53

My husband and I have been 'trying' for a few months but it has been a little hit and miss due to our work commitments.

I did a few months with ovulation testing but this last month we did absolutely nothing as I didn't have any sticks and also I knew I was going skiing so thought we would put TTC on hold for a month or two.

I have a relatively short cycle of 23 days maximum so all the apps suggest I ovulate quite early on. However, it appears that I ovulate around 14 days (from this cycle) and have a shorter lut phase.

While I was away I felt a little strange, the same feeling I had when I became pregnant with my daughter five years ago so I did have a niggling feeling that I may be pregnant. However, I started spotting around 19 days so just assumed I was wrong and AF would arrive.

When it didn't arrive this morning I did a test (only landed in at 1am) and sure enough, there was a very strong positive line. I then did a CB dIgi and it showed 1-2 weeks!!!

TheMrs04 Mon 06-Mar-17 20:45:35

Congratulations op!
Me and my dh were trying for almost 6 years with no avail people around me getting pregnant all the time including my sister. It wasn't until about 2 months after she fell Pregnant I started to feel a little off (I put it down to lack of sleep from working the early shift at work) but my sister had a spare test laying around and for shits and giggles really I took the test thinking it was going to be negative I gave it my sister to throw away only to see her crying I thought she was just a hormonal woman but she passed it back and much to my surprise I was pregnant! 😊 I now have a ds who is almost 11 months old! Now we're "trying" for #2 👶🏻 surprises are the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now