Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second pregnancy anxiety

(7 Posts)
Lalalax3 Sun 05-Mar-17 18:54:12

Just wondering if anyone is in a similar boat to me. I had absolutely awful HG with my first pregnancy, I'm 6.2 weeks into my second and extremely anxious about it hitting me again. I vaguely remember feeling absolutely awful last time from about week 5, and have so far only had pretty regular first trimester queasiness, and no vomiting (yet). But I'm absolutely haunted by the memories of my last pregnancy, and it's completely preventing me from a) functioning normally b) enjoying this pregnancy. Everybody I know thinks I'm much, much better than I was last time but I'm just waiting for the rot to set in.

I have a 2 yo DS to look after and a husband that's away a lot, I don't really know what I'd do if I got so sick again. But I know that fretting about it is making me feel pretty shit too.

anyone experiencing similar?

minime88 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:12:13

Hey mrsgembles

I am 16 weeks with my second and my DD is 2 yo.

I hadn't awful HG with my DD1 and was in hospital 3 times over 6 weeks, it was horrible so I can understand why you're nervous.

With this pregnancy I decided to get on top of things quickly. First tiny bit of nausea I was at the doctors and got some cyclizine. Couple of weeks later I did end up in hospital, I think I was around 7 weeks but ever since, despite nausea, I've had no sickness.

Get yourself a doc appointment and come up with a plan of action now- it helped me knowing I had a little more control this time round. Every pregnancy is different, I'm crossing all my fingers for you that like me, your second pregnancy will be slightly easier on you!

Xxx

minime88 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:12:53

Hadn't awful = HAD awful

Lalalax3 Sun 05-Mar-17 19:14:53

Thanks for replying. I've already seen the GP and have some metoclopramide in my handbag. I always feel bad for taking it though. blush

minime88 Sun 05-Mar-17 22:06:39

Try not to feel bad!

Metoclopramide gave me a really bad tummy so had to stick to cyclizine. I really wanted the holy grail- ordansetron! But I coped with cyclizine.

Good luck! Xxx

NuttyCasey Tue 07-Mar-17 09:19:33

I also have a 2 yo and suffered with HG with him! Sadly this time around it happened again for me, I started getting really bad at about 7 weeks pregnant! But like minime88 said, I got myself to the doctors pretty quick to get on top of it!

Although interesting about the metoclopramide because I was prescribed that first (and found it was basically no help at all) and when I went back for more help, I saw a different doctor and when she looked it up, she said metoclopramide wasn't even on the recommended list for pregnant women shock ?!?!?!? So then moved to cyclizine!

Good luck though, hope its not as bad for you this time! (Although sadly it seems like the odds may be against you) xx

ItsReginaPhalange Tue 07-Mar-17 09:34:22

I know a few people who have had HG, including myself. I have anxiety around getting pregnant again so I understand somewhat! Def take the medication early as from what I understand that can reduce it. You may or may not get it this time. I know the people who had it first time, didn't get it second time. Maybe talk to the GP and family again so they can get a plan in place if the worst does happen so you can feel a bit more in control? Best of luck and congratssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now