We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not felt baby! Miles and miles from home.

(10 Posts)
Hiam Sun 05-Mar-17 14:01:12

Sorry I'm feeling a bit panicked at what to do. I came with my mum to drive my sister back to uni. I haven't felt the baby at my regular times but am now a 4 hour drive away from home/local hospital. I'm hoping once I've eaten she will give me a little wriggle. I also feel bad because we were meant to do some shopping here but I feel far too anxious concentrate.

itbeeps Sun 05-Mar-17 14:03:22

try drinking something really cold as that might help

rachyconks Sun 05-Mar-17 14:05:14

Try having a cold (fizzy if poss) drink, lie down for 30 mins on your side. If nothing and you are still concerned, go to the nearest hospital and get checked.

RatOnnaStick Sun 05-Mar-17 14:05:35

Duty Mw at any NHS hospital should see you. Give the nearest one a call.

Oysterbabe Sun 05-Mar-17 14:16:34

How far along are you?

EsmesBees Sun 05-Mar-17 14:18:43

You can just walk in to your nearest hospital. You don't need your notes.

EdenX Sun 05-Mar-17 14:19:18

I'm sure there are hospitals where you are.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-Mar-17 17:02:06

Do you have your notes with you? I was told to carry them with me from
24w

Any hospital will see you

I find a cold fuzzy drink or chocolate works

Plus if sitting down lean forward so kinda squashing bump. I usually get a kick then - almost to say get off me mum

Please get checked out - how many w are you?

welshweasel Sun 05-Mar-17 17:04:56

This happened to me on a weekend away in a hotel. I rang the nearest hospital, asked to be put through to pregnancy assessment unit and went in for monitoring. Honestly just ring them. You won't enjoy yourself unless you get checked out.

bingandabong Sun 05-Mar-17 17:31:45

Yes like others have said go to the nearest hospital for your own peace of mind.,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now