Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning Sickness

(9 Posts)
Clare2017 Sun 05-Mar-17 10:49:46

Hi,

I'm pregnant with my first baby & I'm wondering when, in people's experience, did morning sickness start?

I'm currently 7weeks, so I'm counting every day without it as a blessing! I've had a little nausea but no sickness yet. Trying to mentally prepare myself though - especially with a fairly long commute & being in work all day.

When did it start for you? Any tips for coping with it at work?

Thanks.

PlayOnWurtz Sun 05-Mar-17 11:23:56

I'm just shy of 7 weeks and been nauseous from day 1 but it's really ramped up today. I'm finding seabands are helping although I can't wear them to work as I don't have anything with long enough sleeves!

Keep a pack of crackers by the bed and nibble one or 2 as you wake up and have a glass of water, if nothing else it gives you something to bring up.

jmariehac Sun 05-Mar-17 11:34:26

I'm pregnant woth number 3 and both of my other two started at about 5 or 6 weeks same with this one but this time I'm using seabirds like play and u feel they are working brilliant I'm now 9 weeks and feel a little sick but nothing like previous pregnancy xx

user1478902502 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:59:53

I'm 21 weeks and still suffering! I had nausea (but little vomiting) between 6 and 13 weeks and then at 13 weeks the vomiting kicked in. It's not as bad now but still happening every other day or so. I have to say I think I prefer the actual vomiting stage to the constant nauseous feeling though! Eating little and often definitely helps. Nappy bags make good sick bags - I always carry a couple with me! Also, when at work try not to be too far from a bin! Good luck!

Clare2017 Sun 05-Mar-17 12:00:40

Thanks for the replies. Maybe investing in some seabands for commuting might be useful. I'm trying to prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

PeachesandPie Sun 05-Mar-17 12:05:19

6 weeks here and been nauseous for the last 4! The last week has been especially bad. Seabands have helped massively this weekend, I'm dreading work tomorrow as not sure I'll get away with wearing them! As PP have said, eat little and often and try to eat the moment you wake up. At work I've been drinking extra cold water and sipping strong hot lemon which seems to help. That and having a snack the moment I feel hungry works. I hope it doesn't get too bad!

sophr2017 Sun 05-Mar-17 16:31:57

I'm exactly the same PeachesandPie, I've just got the sea bands this weekend as am 8 weeks pregnant and constantly nauseous but wondering how I'm going to get away with wearing them at work tomorrow! They're hardly discreet and I don't have a long sleeved top, but they are definitely helping slightly so don't want to take them off!

Can't wait for the nausea to be over, it's made me feel really miserable at times, I'm rarely even sick and that's almost worse! Just keep reminding myself of the end result and how worth it it'll be.

My least favourite comment has become "sickness is good, it means baby is strong"...although this is lovely to hear, it's really no consolation when you've got your head in the toilet bowl!!

GreedyDuck Sun 05-Mar-17 16:55:12

I didn't have any sickness or nausea at all with my dd. You may be lucky and avoid it too. Fx.

MissJC Sun 05-Mar-17 16:56:02

I had no sickness at all apart from when brushing teeth in the mornings, set me off gagging but no daily vomming, just a bit of mild nausea. No sickness doesn't by any means indicate a weak pregnancy as my DD is 13 days old today and I had a dream pregnancy. Birth was a bit hairy like but its all worth it in the end ❤️👶🏼.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now