Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

30 weeks and feels too calm - what have i missed?!

(3 Posts)
blueberry549 Sat 04-Mar-17 17:27:57

30 weeks pregnant with my first child and it all feels way too calm. I'm convinced there's something I've missed or should be doing?!

Nursery is decorated and furniture is on order, as is travel system and crib for our room. Have started packing hospital bag but have a few more bits to pick up. Baby shower is next weekend so want to wait til after that to finish shopping just in case!

Have written birth plan and talked it through with hubbie. Picked up a bunch of secondhand bundles of clothes, muslins etc. Oh and a ton of nappies in different brands/sizes with various baby club vouchers.

Have also been watching YouTube videos on hypnobirthing, active birth and pelvic floor exercises to try my hardest to avoid tearing (i'm plus sized with baby off the scales growth chart wise which is slightly scary).

What have I missed? It's my first baby so guess i'm equal parts stupidly excited and absolutely terrified lol. All tips much appreciated smile

stuckinny Sat 04-Mar-17 17:48:44

Sounds like you have everything thought of. You are far more prepared than I was with DC - we didn't even have a car seat when he was born. Had to get bil to pick it up when he came to visit!

SaltedCaramelEverything Sat 04-Mar-17 17:56:52

I'm at the same stage and you've done more than me 🙈 and I thought I was being organised! Sounds good - I'm sure some more helpful MNers will be on but I think Emma's diary if you have it has check lists on things to do. And MN advice pages says things to buy and do etc if you want to double check

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now