Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In need of advice :(

(3 Posts)
user1488640347 Sat 04-Mar-17 15:14:18

Hi ( new here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place)

Basically to cut a long story short I've just taken 2 pregnancy tests and found out I'm pregnant! Completely shocked (I know I shouldn't be) but I just never thought it would happen(I realise now how stupid that sounds). I'm 22 and In a relationship but I'm in my second year of uni so this is crazy timing! I'm feeling really scared at the moment and unsure, have told my boyfriend and he said whatever I do he will support me. I just feel so stupid and selfish that I was so careless and that somepeople dream of this and here I am panicking about what to do. I just feel so young, I still live and home and I have a weekend job but that barely covers me let alone a baby,the rest of the time I'm at uni. I know people much younger than me go through this and Although I'm mentally mature I'm not in a physical mature situation e.g. Living. I'm not financially stable at all and neither is my boyfriend really. I'm going to the doctors on Tuesday and feeling really anxious on what's going to happen? Do I need to see a doctor or nurse and what will they do? I'm completely new to this, any help or advice would be really helpful im worrying so much :'( thanks

emvy Sat 04-Mar-17 16:11:17

You don't need to do anything other than let your GP know at this point and they will be able to offer some advice I'm sure on helping you make the right decision for you. At the end of the day, only you can decide. If you do decide to go ahead, you will have to be prepared to make some big changes in terms of your education and financial situation but uni can be put on hold and you can finish your third year in due course if that's what you decide. Job, money, education... it will all work out because if you make the decision to go forward with this pregnancy you will make it work. You just have to decide which you want more right now and if you decide now isn't the right time, take a lot more care in future to avoid putting yourself and others in a difficult position again. This is going to be the biggest test you've ever faced but I wish you all the best of luck with whichever journey you choose to take.

emvy Sat 04-Mar-17 16:13:06

Oh and the doctor might just weigh you and check your blood pressure. Some also do another pregnancy test but I didn't have one. It really varies on where you live but as you haven't made a firm decision on which direction you're taking this, GP is the first step.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now