Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10+6 and third day in a row with a headache

(11 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:45:01

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Ive had the odd one before but this is the third day ive had to take paracetamol to get rid of a headache. I have been drinking around 10 glasses a day (a mix of decaf tea, oj, apple juice, coke and becks blue as i cant stomach water at the mo) i have been staring at a screen but thats not unusual tbh

Jellybabie3 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:45:38

Should add the decaf tea has sucrolose sweetner in

Sunshinegirl82 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:22:08

I had terrible headaches when I was pregnant and they often went on for several days. I took paracetamol regularly although it didn't always do a lot! I used a lot of that 4head stuff and found a warm beanbag pad thing round the back of the neck was soothing.

I spoke to the midwife at the time and she said it was hormonal. They did ease off around 20 weeks. You have my sympathy, it was no fun! Hope they pass for you soon.

ILikeSalmon Fri 03-Mar-17 20:36:56

Don't worry, it is a common symptom.
I don't recall getting them with my first or second pregnancy but this one I suffered bad from about week 12 to week 22 then they finally stopped.
I was living off paracetamols.
I do wonder tho- you said you have decaf tea and sweetener and so do I. Yet with my other two pregnancies I didn't drink tea (or ever have sweetener) at all. Just a thought.

Katie0907 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:11:36

I've had the same recently at 17 weeks. I went to the GP and he prescribed codeine as paracetamol wasn't doing anything.

eurochick Fri 03-Mar-17 21:21:28

I had this too. I was reluctant to take drugs but tried acupuncture and to my surprise it was really effective.

drinkyourmilk Fri 03-Mar-17 21:27:58

I had days of shocking headaches, especially in my second trimester. Just drink as much as you can and take paracetamol. It will pass.

babyunicornvomit Fri 03-Mar-17 21:34:04

I had awful headaches from 5 weeks up to week 14, finally stopped completely now at 18+3. They're horrible but mostly down to hormonal changes x

Foggymist Fri 03-Mar-17 21:54:40

You're having loads of sugar if you're drinking fruit juices and coke, could very well be down to that.

WantingBaby1 Sat 04-Mar-17 21:47:28

I'm suffering too. Been to the GP who recommended an eye test. Sure enough I need glasses. Maybe get checked out.

Notyetthere Sat 04-Mar-17 22:43:17

Oh got headaches at the beginning of the 2nd trimester. When it got so bad I had to take cocodamol but only at times when the paracetamol wasn't working. They did stop towards 20wks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now