Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

27 weeks pregnant and my DD has chicken pox :/

(6 Posts)
iamapixiebutnotaniceone Fri 03-Mar-17 19:39:35

I think my 2 year old has chicken pox, I have never had them. I know there are risks etc but do I need to do anything?

letthefunbegin Fri 03-Mar-17 19:44:21

If you yourself have had chicken pox then no you don't. If you have not, yes you do. I can't remember what as I have had them so didn't really pay attention. Phone your midwife or assessment unit maybe?

BendingSpoons Fri 03-Mar-17 19:45:45

You definitely need to get advice from a midwife/GP. Chicken pox can be dangerous to your unborn baby.

Equimum Fri 03-Mar-17 19:46:17

You could call your GP or OOH, as there is a blood test to check immunity, but I believe the risk is low.

DS1 got chicken pox when I was 37 weeks, and I was told that it wouldn't be a problem unless the baby arrived (as CP can be dangerous to very small babies).

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Fri 03-Mar-17 19:50:39

I had the blood test in my last pregnancy as a lady I cared for at work had shingles, it came back that I had no immunity but they didn't need to do anything as I hadn't been in work in the few weeks previous. Obviously if my daughter has them then I have been exposed to them, I'll ring the midwife in the morning x

ILikeSalmon Fri 03-Mar-17 20:39:06

This reminds me of the day I gave birth to my second and on the same day it was discovered my first had chicken pox. We had to keep the two apart for a whole week. Imagine that- having a new baby you want to introduce to its brother and you have to keep them away from each other. That was not easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now