Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

horrible bloating at 4weeks - remind me how long this lasts?

(11 Posts)
chocoraisin Thu 02-Mar-17 20:26:35

Just discovered I'm pg with DC3 (yay!) which is lovely of course. Apart from the backache, tender, swollen abdomen and bloating. I'm really sore and windy. I remember it well from my earlier two but can't remember it starting this early, or how long it lasted.

Anyone able to remind me how long it is before my sore bloated feeling will go away? I didn't know I was pg with my first two until 6 weeks, this time I'm already a bit queasy and all the early pregnancy bits and bobs are well underway. Especially the sore boobs! Am panicking I'll need a waist expander this weekend if my tummy doesn't deflate though. I know I'm not showing, it's all gas... but geez I want it to go away!!

Any idea on home remedies that are safe to help ease this bit along? TIA

HN42 Thu 02-Mar-17 21:19:54

I think I was bloated quite a lot til maybe 8 weeks but I cannot remember as my life became consumed by pregnancy sickness at that stage but I'm fairly certain the bloating probably was almost non existent by 8 weeks as keeping food down was a big enough challenge. I tried ginger tea though I didn't like it so I think I mainly went for avoiding foods that I know make me gassy such as broccoli, overcooked veg, baked beans...
One thing I did find was the bloating was worse when I became a bit constipated (sorry TMI) but I found shredded wheat seemed to solve that problem so maybe increasing fibre might help?

Fluffywallow Fri 03-Mar-17 14:15:11

Congrats choco!

I'm now 13 weeks and mostly the worst of the bloat has gone, replacing slowly but surely with a bump.

Prune juice helped 'keep me regular' which eased the bloating.

Nothing else to advise other than hope it passes quickly for you, I hate the first trimester (suffer awful sickness) so am pleased to finally be out of it! Waiting patiently for my second trimester glow....

chocoraisin Fri 03-Mar-17 19:02:45

thanks guys! I'm exhausted and went to the supermarket today for food... couldn't face anything!! Literally walking around things ugh, eww and nooooo. But I know I have to eat something. So I came back with mini eggs (which I don't really want now) and cracker breads. Plus pregnacare... lol. I feel sick all the time! I did also get some all bran lol. Maybe that will help!

I definitely wasn't this sick last time. Roll on trimester 2!!

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Fri 03-Mar-17 22:43:39

I'm 17+3 and still bloated sad

chocoraisin Sat 04-Mar-17 10:15:15

hedgehog you poor thing! At least at 17 weeks you can claim its all baby. I've got a cracking muffin top today and can't blame it on anything yet as it's all hush hush.

daisygirlmac Sat 04-Mar-17 10:17:51

Rennie deflatine! Eat then try not to be sick wink also second the suggestion of lots of fibre and water

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Sat 04-Mar-17 10:31:59

My bloating is fine first thing in the morning, and bizarrely my tummy is flat (baby's not showing yet) but as the day goes on I get more and more bloated until by the evening I'm in agony sad

I tried activated charcoal yesterday which made quite a big difference though, maybe an option for you choco? It's safe during pregnancy.

booox Sat 04-Mar-17 11:47:20

Hello! I'm just pregnant too smile

Ive noticed avoiding milk helps a bit but not all dairy.

However, it's obs important to have the calcium and iodine from milk so take a vitamin if you do. (I think oatley has both added.)

EssentialHummus Sat 04-Mar-17 11:59:32

I'm 14 weeks and still have it on and off. Peppermint tea helps a lot. Congratulations!

chocoraisin Sat 04-Mar-17 15:39:27

thanks for the congrats! back atcha ladies smile

I'll check out activated charcoal - good tip. Rennies make me sick too unfortunately. Well most things are currently making me feel sick lol

Mine also gets worse through the day and especially after I eat anything. Ugh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now