Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really worried :'(

(8 Posts)
Hollz26 Thu 02-Mar-17 20:26:02

My 3year old kicked me in my bump really hard whilst i was getting his ready for bed he didnt mean to do it but it really hurt and i went a bit dizzy im 35 weeks i feel so worried about the baby im not in any pain now and shes moving around as usual should i still be concerned??

jmariehac Thu 02-Mar-17 20:32:59

I wouldn't say so..I had a fall when I was about 35 weeks down some stairs ...my midwife said as long as baby moves normally should be fine he's nearly 7 now xxx

Fifthattemptatusername Thu 02-Mar-17 20:35:41

Babies are well protected inside however if your blood type is rhesus negative you will need a kleihauer blood test and some anti d within 72 hours so will need to contact your midwife. Otherwise as long as you are not in pain now or bleeding and baby is moving as usual that is reassuring.

jmariehac Thu 02-Mar-17 20:42:30

I am rhesus negative and I didn't have this ?? Unless guidelines have changed xx

Fifthattemptatusername Thu 02-Mar-17 21:27:22

Jmarie it depends if you landed on your front. If there's trauma to the bump you should have anti d if you're rh neg

Cuppaqueen Fri 03-Mar-17 01:18:20

Re the rhesus negative point, you'd only need Anti-D if the baby's father is rhesus positive.

OP, maybe a quick call to your midwife to put your mind at ease? But it sounds like everything is ok.

highinthesky Fri 03-Mar-17 01:34:31

Yes definitely speak to your midwife to clarify the Rh status.

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Fri 03-Mar-17 01:35:53

Once you are still getting lots of movement you should be fine. I fell at 19 weeks and the doctor said all was fine because the baby was surrounded by fluid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now