Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling really unwell 18 + 5 days help

(7 Posts)
user1480264544 Thu 02-Mar-17 16:03:46

Hi all, I know advice will be to call midwife I have tried but keep getting voicemail and unsure if calling delivery suit will be a bit extreme! I woke up this morning feeling generally unwell well today, VERY tired .. really short of breath and my heart is literally pounding out of my chest (not constantly but on and off) I did think maybe I'm dehydrated as I do have a horrible headache with the odd flash of white spots in my eyes. I have been really stressed these last few days and now I'm really worried sad x

grainmum Thu 02-Mar-17 16:38:02

Doesn't sound like this is pregnancy specific, how about calling your GP?

TheLionQueen Thu 02-Mar-17 16:39:25

I think you really need to be seen OP, don't want to worry you further but I think those are symptoms of pre-eclampsia.
Hope you've got through to your midwife but if not best call the hospital (number should be on your mat notes) and get seen flowers

HaPPy8 Thu 02-Mar-17 17:10:51

You need a GP appointment, i agree with grainmum.

McBaby Thu 02-Mar-17 17:40:05

It also sounds like the symptoms of low iron. Worth seeing gp or midwife to check bp and do bloods.

cookiefiend Fri 03-Mar-17 00:00:12

Make sure you speak to your midwife, early pregnancy unit or gp tomorrow OP. I am sure it will turn out to be nothing, but it could be pre eclampsia which is dangerous if not picked up.

Have a google and be aware of the symptoms.

Good luck!

grainmum Fri 03-Mar-17 08:21:53

How are you today OP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now