Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting? Staining? 7-8 weeks

(3 Posts)
Corrinax Thu 02-Mar-17 07:17:10

Hey

So far the only symptoms iv had is sore nipples, last night i went toilet and when i wiped there was slight pinkish staining on the tissue, im coming upto 8 weeks!

No pain just paranoia.....woke up in the night for a wee and again this morning and seems to b clear now so just wondering how normal this is and if anyone knows when the placenta attaches to the wall?

I see the midwife today 1st appointment so i will ask her too

babyunicornvomit Thu 02-Mar-17 07:25:21

Try not to worry - I was more worried that I DIDNT get this as I saw so many women saying they had it between 6 and 10 weeks! Use your judgement, if you're in pain or actually bleeding, get seen. Otherwise try not to worry and just ask your midwife smile

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Thu 02-Mar-17 07:26:42

I'm currently expecting dc5 & I'm a compulsive knicker checker. For me when this has happened at this point it's been a sign that I have a subchronic haematoma, basically an area of bleeding within the womb. Sometimes they can be large & threat to baby, sometimes smaller & less of an issue to baby. There are 2 ways for them to go, you can bleed out or they can re absorb (which feels like cramping pains). I've had them with 3/5 & I've usually experienced either a light bleed or just pink discharge, then been referred to epau for a scan.

Do tell your midwife, obviously I'm not a medical professional & that's just what similar symptoms have meant for me, I just wanted to say that it doesn't always mean the worst. Also if you've had sex in the last 24-48 hours you might have irritated your cervix. I hope your appt goes well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now