Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI !! brown discharge 10 weeks pregnant

(9 Posts)
HaylJay Wed 01-Mar-17 22:40:29

SORRY IF THIS IS TMI

I'm 10 weeks pregnant
I'm just wanting to hear if anyone has experienced this and whether I should be concerned.
I've noticed today brown/light red discharge and it worrying me in case its blood related. I'm also having very very mild cramping.
I know that sometimes bleeding can occur after the cervix becomes irritated but I haven't had sex at all in the past couple of weeks so I'm not sure what could have irritated it.
I've text my midwife and will see the doctor if it worsens but it's such a small amount I don't know if I'm just over worrying.
This is my third pregnancy too but I can't remember this happening in my second.
My first pregnancy ended in an early miscarriage which might be why I'm worrying now..

aintnobodygottimefodat Wed 01-Mar-17 22:54:33

Hi OP

This happened to me a lot throughout my 2nd pregnancy. Always a small amount, and always brown. Each time this happened I called the midwifery team (if my own midwife was not available) and was advised each time to pop up to the antenatal unit to get checked out. Nothing untoward was ever found and they did say that sometimes "some women just bleed" and there is no real concerning reason. I went on to have a very healthy baby boy smile

I would advise you to call your midwife, just to put your mind at rest. It can be very alarming seeing any kind of blood during pregnancy, and best to err on the side of caution.

Good luck and congratulations flowers

HaylJay Mon 06-Mar-17 17:22:43

Thanks for responding, I was referred to the early pregnancy unit and it turns out my baby stopped growing 4 weeks ago and I've had a missed miscarriage sad

ScarletSienna Mon 06-Mar-17 17:27:06

I'm so sorry to read your update-I came to say something reassuring but instead sympathy and maybe what to expect.

I miscarried at a similar time and the bleeding was on and off until 14 weeks. Some parts of the bleed were accompanied with strong period like pains. Hope you've got some support flowers

aintnobodygottimefodat Mon 06-Mar-17 17:47:03

Oh I am genuinely so sorry to hear that sad

I've been thinking of you and was hopeful that all was well.

I too hope you have lots of support.

Take care flowers

user1471471849 Mon 06-Mar-17 21:40:50

So sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok. Xxx

HaylJay Mon 06-Mar-17 21:50:18

Thankyou it's the second miscarriage I've had so I'm not sure why I'm so shocked x

HaylJay Mon 06-Mar-17 21:50:49

Thanks very much, I am gutted sad

HaylJay Mon 06-Mar-17 21:51:01

Thankyou xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now