Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please please help.

(4 Posts)
Becomingmom Wed 01-Mar-17 21:23:45

I have two little ones, and I took levonelle but I fell pregnant anyway. So I'm literally about 4 weeks. I love babies and labour and breastfeeding I'd love to have it but I'm going to university in September. I want to provide for the two I have but I really want to have it and still go. Due beginning of November and I'll be starting October this is so hard.

MumBeth Wed 01-Mar-17 21:31:26

You might be able to defer your course by a year?

But you could manage it, I'm a masters student (part time whilst also working full time) and I've actually found everyone is really supportive with it, both students and lecturers. I'm due in middle of exam season and my dissertation is due in January next year. Maybe you could read up on your modules for your course during your pregnancy so you are really prepared for it. If you make your uni know they will be able to offer you support and advice. Your uni might even have a nursery?

Good luck x

Becomingmom Wed 01-Mar-17 21:47:52

It actually does have a nursery, they take from 8 weeks and I'd be able to be off over Christmas too, I'm just agonising over it and I'm worried my other two will suffer for it but I felt the same way when I found out I was having my second. If you can do it you make me feel better about my prospects in the very least, thank you! If you don't mind I'll message you and keep you posted x

MumBeth Wed 01-Mar-17 22:14:21

Yeah just message on here, people are amazing at support on this forum.
You'll be able to do it, uni is time consuming but no more than what job is. Just prepare ahead of your course. You'll be surprised at how flexible university is too. Most lectures are available online so if you miss them you can catch up later and your lecturers will understand the situation. 😊 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now