Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movement and anxiety

(9 Posts)
Helbelle75 Wed 01-Mar-17 20:29:54

I'm 34 weeks and have been into the unit 3 times now for reduced movement.
I'm hugely anxious, although this has been a low risk pregnancy, and I think work is not helping. I'm stressed and constantly exhausted.
Any tips on how to manage this? I only have 2 weeks left at work but I don't know if I can do it.

Helbelle75 Wed 01-Mar-17 20:31:58

To add, I had a mmc last year, and am classed as a geriatric mum. Neither of which is helping that anxiety.

arbrighton Wed 01-Mar-17 21:08:19

Can you bring mat leave forward, for the sake of yourself and your baby?

BobbieDog Wed 01-Mar-17 21:09:08

Where is your placenta?

Helbelle75 Wed 01-Mar-17 21:16:39

Placenta is at the back.
And I think i'm going to have to arbrighton

JessieMillz25 Wed 01-Mar-17 21:23:04

Am I right in thinking you are a teacher? I'm two weeks behind you and feel like I have been an awful teacher this term because I can't think about anything but baby movements. Can work offer you a lessend timetable x

Helbelle75 Wed 01-Mar-17 21:27:21

I am jessie and I think that's part of the problem - constantly too busy.
There are some arrangements in place but they're very ad hoc. Some days I have help, others not, and I never know which before I start the day. The lack of consistency is really stressing me out.

FartnissEverbeans Thu 02-Mar-17 09:03:08

I'm also a teacher and also had some periods of reduced movement with DS. He ended up coming a few weeks early and was worryingly quiet before labour started. He's now four months old, a great sleeper and totally chilled out!

It is so worrying though. If you think it'll help to start maternity leave early then I would definitely do that. I preferred being in work because it took my mind off things, but moving around a lot always put him to sleep and I would find myself worrying suddenly that I couldn't remember the last time he'd moved. Perhaps you could ask SLT to reduce your timetable for now?

Helbelle75 Thu 02-Mar-17 11:07:58

Reduced timetable is not an option - I'm the only teacher of my subject here.
My maternity cover is already here, but she keeps being taken for general cover, so is not always with me. I have had a meeting about it this morning, so hopefully that will get better.
I'd just like to get through the next two weeks really!
Have a scan this afternoon, so hoping I will feel better after that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now