Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Plus size mums.. what's your bump like?

(8 Posts)
millyhopemum Wed 01-Mar-17 18:33:52

Hi Ladies,

I'm a U.K. Size 18 bottom (before I got pregnant) and now a size 20-22 at 20 weeks pregnant.
I've always had a bit of an "apron belly" and it's still like this now, I just seem to grow outwards and not very rounded.
My bump looks round and hard in clothing but naked it's really flabby and I don't see where baby could be in there lol.

It's a little disheartening that i don't look pregnant sometimes and just fat.

Just wondered if any plus size ladies had / have the same problem and weather your bump became more hard and rounded at all?

Also, will my size affect feeling baby? I can't be sure if I've felt quickening yet and not sure if it will be hindered by my shape and weight xx

MrsB12345 Wed 01-Mar-17 18:37:11

I want to follow this as I'm only 5 weeks preg and am a size 20 currently so interested to see what us plus size mums bumps look like x

sotiredbutworthit Wed 01-Mar-17 18:38:54

This is me near the end of my pregnancy. I'm an 18 (ish!) on the bottom.

PastysPrincess Wed 01-Mar-17 18:41:43

I was a size 18 when I was pregnant and I felt the baby move at 19 weeks so not much earlier than you are now. There was a while I just looked like I'd put a but of extra weight on but I did eventually get a proper bump.

KP86 Wed 01-Mar-17 18:56:16

I was also around an 18, with the same overhang as you. I just looked fat until about 30 weeks and then from then I looked pregnant-ish. In my own eyes I never had a nice round bump, but I can see in photos that I did look pregnant in the third trimester.

Still had all normal movement feelings and sensations from 19-20 weeks.

millyhopemum Wed 01-Mar-17 18:58:46

That does make me feel better that you can be rounder as you progress.
Sotiredbutworthit your bump is lovely smile x

Guess I'll just have to hold out for the bump to form a bit more and feel that baby move.
I've got my 20 week scan on Saturday and just want to see little one move even if I can't feel it !

sotiredbutworthit Wed 01-Mar-17 19:23:27

Ha ha! Thank you!!

jmariehac Wed 01-Mar-17 19:38:10

Same and I'm on my 3rd I'm 8 weeks looked very pregnant wit other 2 aswell so don't worry to much....x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: