Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Given birth at Warrington Hospital

(7 Posts)
Tigger001 Wed 01-Mar-17 00:39:22

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences of giving birth at Warrington hospital
I am17 weeks and have had mixed reviews from friends so I am slightly anxious about the care there ??

inkydinky Wed 01-Mar-17 00:49:02

Twice. Births themselves okay (emergency section first then elective) but the aftercare on the ward was shocking. I imagine a straightforward vaginal birth and a short stay would have been fine (my sister had this and no complaints) but being incapacitated due to a section made shortfalls in care VERY apparent (e.g. not given adequate pain relief; buzzer left out of reach etc). I couldn't get out of there fast enough both times. I discharged myself early after my second as I was in pain and really quite stressed out. I realised I'd have better care at home.

This is not recent though (youngest is 7 now) so it may have changed? If you've heard mixed reviews can you see any patterns? I'll be honest and say that I wouldn't give birth there again (not that it's an option. No more for me).

Have you had an reviews from other hospitals? My sister had her second in whiston and rated it much more highly. Friends have also said good things about liverpool womens.

Try not to wory, you still have time to make a move if you're not comfrtable with the idea of warrington.

TheGhostsOfPresidentsYetToCome Wed 01-Mar-17 01:11:20

I've heard only good reports from Warrington but all of those came from friends who had complications in previous births and their care was transferred from other hospitals.

They all were given private rooms and I have no idea if those on the open ward would have received a comparable level of care.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:03:41

Not sure about Warrington but have only heard good things about Chester if you're thinking of changing x

10storeylovesong Wed 01-Mar-17 12:27:25

I had my ds at Warrington 4 years ago. I had lots of issues during my pregnancy and he was born early at 27 weeks and spent a lot of time in NICU. Everyone there was superb from start to finish and I still nip back now to see some of them as I am so grateful for the care they gave us.

Tigger001 Wed 01-Mar-17 13:54:51

This is my first and I have only just been allocated my widwife at 17 weeks. Does anyone know if it is an option to select an alternative hospital ( and how late I can decide this ) and what would be the procedure is it complicated as people have suggested whiston, glad of any help if possible xx

Tigger1986 Sat 04-Mar-17 14:58:03

You can choose where to give birth, but usually any scans will still be done at Warrington/Halton or at Widnes Urgent Care unless you have a complicated pregnancy (if you chose to move to Whiston) personally I would choose Whiston and all my friends who have had the option have given birth there but everyone has diffeeent experiences.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now