Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you have your first blood test?

(9 Posts)
mummabubs Tue 28-Feb-17 20:26:37

Just checking as I had my booking in appointment when I was 6+3, the midwife said she was only there for the day covering as the usual midwife has gone on maternity leave. Booked my first scan over the phone but I've had no letter to confirm this/ tell me where to go or what to do.... and there's been no bloods taken at the appointment or since. I'm now 9+1 and I had it in my head that some of the tests are supposed to be fine before 10 weeks... or have I lost the plot? Just wondering if it's normal in some cases to not have any bloods taken before the 12 week scan? Thanks in advance 😊 xx

mummabubs Tue 28-Feb-17 20:33:30

(That should read "should be done"... not fine?!) sorry!

countingdown2gin Tue 28-Feb-17 20:34:04

I think every area is different. I had my booking in appointment at 8 weeks and had my bloods taken then.

Heirhelp Tue 28-Feb-17 20:37:53

I think I had blood taken at my booking in appointment but I believe it was only blood type which they need to know for later.

sweetchilli77 Tue 28-Feb-17 22:29:46

Had my booking in at 8 week, midwife booked scan etc. im hard to bleed and she tried and failed so just said id be fine to have them at my 12 week appointment when i go for my scan.

Foggymist Tue 28-Feb-17 22:55:30

First bloods always done at 12 week booking in appt here.

user1476968120 Tue 28-Feb-17 23:23:50

Bloods are taken at the 12 weeks booking appointment. However due to my needle phobia, I haven't had my bloods taken yet. Im currently 24 weeks pregnant and due to have a GTT at the end of March where they will be taking my blood for the first time.

But 12 weeks is normally when they do it.

DuggeeHugs Wed 01-Mar-17 00:34:24

Bloods were taken at 8 week booking in appointment, which is normal for this area

mummabubs Wed 01-Mar-17 16:38:26

Seems to vary depending on location, thanks all! I think it's just because my booking appointment felt rushed and I left with no information as to what was happening next and no contact details to ask any follow up Qs. That and as a first-time mum I'm just trying to get my head around everything! 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now