Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PP weight loss..

(2 Posts)
buckyou Tue 28-Feb-17 17:06:51

Not sure if this is the right place to post.. So apologies if not.

I only gave birth 12 days ago but I'm already thinking about getting rid of my baby weight! Had 2 babies quite close together and not having any more so want to get my body back to how it was before (or as much as I can at least!).

Seems like it's a bit frowned upon to lose weight too quickly, why is this? Can it affect BF?

I don't really want to wait until my doctor has seen me at 6 weeks (I'm fine), is it just a case of sensible diet and gentle exercise?

I've got about 1 1/2 stone to lose but hoping a bit more might come off without me doing anything!

katiegg Tue 28-Feb-17 17:22:41

Gentle exercise and a reasonable diet shoul be enough to get you started - even a walk to the shops with baby in the pram. I'd recommend waiting u til you've had your six week check before doing anything too strenuous though - even if all has gone smoothly your body needs time to recover.

Congrats on your new baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now