Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to be happy about this much wanted planned baby due to possible health concerns for me.

(3 Posts)
lilyborderterrier Tue 28-Feb-17 09:35:50

So this is a woe is me thread but I'm scared and worried. I'm 13+5 pregnant with a planned and very wanted 2nd baby with my long term partner. We saw the beautiful healthy baby on the scan last Thursday grin but the scan also discovered and showed up that I have a massive ( size of a melon) fibroid attached to the uterus! It does explain why I look about 6 months pregnant ( I did post a thread about me worrying I was expecting twins a week or so ago)

I saw the consultant yesterday after a fretful weekend and he was lovely and has reassured me that baby is and will be fine, but he talked about how I could experience horrific pain as the fibroid degenerates as the baby grows, ( he's prescribed codeine ) extra scans and an MRI scan to investigate further) but I am scared and the worry that as it's so big my baby will be born early or I'll be in pain ( I am a total wuss when it comes to pain) or even the thought of hospitals are freaking me out.
I know that it is impossible to say what will happen and I may experience no effects and go on to have a normal pregnancy that is full term.

But I struggling to be happy about the baby due to the worry and guilt that my health may cause problems for the baby.
I am also feeling guilty that I may be letting my customers down ( I'm a childminder ) due to extra hospital appointments and scans.
I know I need to suck it up and be positive but it's hard.
Anyway had this or can offer me words of wisdom or a gentle shake to stop me wallowing.

Thank you xx

Rarotonga Tue 28-Feb-17 11:18:59

Hi there
I just wanted to provide some reassurance. They found a fibroid at my 12 week scan and did say it might cause lots of pain. I'm 39 weeks now and it really hasn't troubled me or caused any pain at all. The only thing is, my fundal height has been measuring big (95th centile) in contrast to my growth scan baby measurements (12th centile) which could possibly be explained by the fibroid (though this hasn't been confirmed by any medical professional). Try not to panic (I know it's hard), hopefully they have presented the worst case scenario and you will be ok.
Congratulations on your pregnancy flowers

lilyborderterrier Tue 28-Feb-17 18:10:54

Rarotonga thankyou so much for taking the time to reply x yes I'm really hoping it's worst case scenario they've given me. I know it's an unanswered question. Let's keep everything crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now