Talk

Advanced search

Bump belts, maternity clothes?! Help!

(8 Posts)
user1488224350 Mon 27-Feb-17 19:46:00

I'm estimates six weeks pregnant and already showing a little! This is my second pregnancy.
My first pregnancy I had an eating disorder and didn't show much... Now I'm a healthy 12/14...
What are you ladies wearing so early?! I'm so confused...! Maternity clothes will be too big but my clothes are uncomfortable...

kshaw Mon 27-Feb-17 19:55:52

I bought some very unfashionable braces and have been wearing them
Under my tshirts...kept the maternity pants up and my normal jeans up (til I couldn't fit!) best thing throughout this pregnancy I've bought! (Except gaviscon)

Mammatron Mon 27-Feb-17 20:01:19

A hair bobble looped around the button hole will buy you a few extra weeks in your non maternity trousers!

formerexpat Mon 27-Feb-17 20:07:51

I did the hair bobble thing lots. These days I imagine jeggings with long tops would be my go to. Be prepared to get bigger MUCH faster second time! First time I barely showed until around 18 weeks. Second time I was in Mat jeans by 8-10 weeks!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Tue 28-Feb-17 06:38:24

2nd pregnancy I just wore fatter clothes for a bit. Started with maternity clothes from maybe 15 weeks. I was looking forward to maternity jeans and they have not disappointed.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Tue 28-Feb-17 06:47:01

Primark do loads of stretchy skirts for around £5-£10.
I bought a bunch, in a slightly bigger size than usual and they saw me through my whole pregnancy, worn with leggings and loose jumpers.

oliversmummy26 Tue 28-Feb-17 17:00:17

I was the same, by 6/7 weeks I was looping a hair band through the button loop in my jeans. From 10 weeks I've been wearing under bump jeggings with long maternity vests from H&M (fab as also covered up fly on jeans with hair bobble) they also don't have the rouching on the waist which makes most maternity tops too big just yet.

I'm still trying to hide it at work, so underbump jeggings, long vests and a baggy jumper are my go to. At weekends I've been wearing over bump jeans or dresses and letting my massive bump hang out (I'm only 12+2!)

This pregnancy is showing far earlier than my last, I'm a couple of stone heavier, but it was almost instant, like my stomach has been shoved up to under my ribs. I know it's not baby, but it looks like I'm about 25 weeks already! Last time I didn't get maternity jeans until 20 weeks!

MMK123 Fri 10-Mar-17 11:05:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now