Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you cope with the worry.

(20 Posts)
Poppies9629 Mon 27-Feb-17 18:58:56

I had a bleed at 10w, terrified me but luckily all turned out ok, I had a scan (my 1st) and was thrilled to see my little baby wriggling around in my tummy.
But now I am terrified everytime I go to the toilet that I will be covered in blood from a miscarriage.
How do people cope with this - it's awful. I'm so happy to be expecting but so scared it will go wrong.

Babyblues14 Mon 27-Feb-17 19:04:53

same here 11 weeks now and convinced something is going to go wrong before my scan. Still have all my symptoms and no sign of any blood. I tried to keep my mind on my work and concentrate on all the things im going to buy for the baby. Im worried that if I stress about it too much I will work myself up and do more damage that way. Just try to keep busy and push it out of your head. Every time you go to the bathroom and there is nothing there just tell yourself everything is fine because I'm not bleeding.
Good luck, congratulationsflowers

llemma Mon 27-Feb-17 19:31:31

When you work out the answer let me know, i'm a constant knicker checker! I try and take one day at a time and am constantly saying to myself "today i'm pregnant "

MrsCrabtree Mon 27-Feb-17 20:08:50

I have had several bleeds between 8 weeks and now (14) and it's terrifying so I know how you feel. Just keeping busy so the days pass is what I'm trying to do. Also you can try to remind yourself if you bleed more that everything was ok after the last one so unless it's extremely heavy it'll most likely be the same issue. Plus miscarriage rates are low after a good scan at 10 weeks. That said these things only help me so much and I'm still on knicker watch! I keep looking at my scan pics to remind myself of baby to make it more real. Good luck flowers

Whatsername17 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:24:47

I lost a baby before I had my 2nd dd. You get through it by telling yourself 'today I am pregnant' and staying positive. Crap advice to hear, but it is all you can do. Good luck!

bingandabong Mon 27-Feb-17 20:29:28

You don't! You just learn to put it to the back of your mind as best you can, you learn to deal with each day with that dread that something and will happen and push it to the back of your mind. Then when you get through the pregnancy you have a baby to worry about! But you get through it, you learn to cope with their worry! I honestly used to panic how people got on with ordinary life buy you just do! Welcome to being a parent grin

bingandabong Mon 27-Feb-17 20:36:49

Not and will happen!!! Obviously I meant might happen, I'm tired smile

AgentCooper Mon 27-Feb-17 21:00:21

I'd love to know too! I'm 7 weeks, had light bleeding on and off for a week. I had an early scan last week and midwife (who was so lovely) wasn't concerned. I saw a wee tiny bean with a regular heartbeat! As the bleeding is ongoing I'm going for another early scan a week on Thursday but the midwife I spoke to at the EPU on the phone today was very kind and as reassuring as she could possibly be - said the last scan looked good, the bleeding wasn't getting heavier, she'd be getting me on sooner if she was worried.

I've had cervical erosion on and off for years and had a 'period' in January when I was already pregnant and unaware. So God only knows but I'm keeping everything crossed. So grateful to the EPU midwives for arranging for me to have scans every 2 weeks until 12 weeks, they are brilliant.

flowers for everyone.

Poppies9629 Tue 28-Feb-17 09:14:12

Thanks everyone - good to know it isn't just me in a panic!
Good luck to you all, fingers crossed for each and every little bean / bump. flowers

Helbelle75 Tue 28-Feb-17 12:43:50

I'm 34 weeks today and still feel anxious! I had a MMC last year, prior to this pregnancy.
I try to stay calm and positive as I know that's what's best for baby. I talk to my bump most of the time, and get lots of lovely kicks and movements back.
It's much easier when you can feel them moving (although heart stopping when they stop for a while!)
Good luck everyone

mistermagpie Tue 28-Feb-17 12:53:56

I don't really. I'm 35 weeks now and was telling a (very close) friend at the weekend that I have looked at the toilet paper literally every single time I go for a wee for eight months!

I had a bleed at 8 weeks and have then had a small bleed every weeks since 28 weeks. All seems ok, I've been checked and scanned and the baby seems alright, but it doesn't make me less worried really.

I had terrible anxiety in my first pregnancy too and was really worried I was going to be a totally anxious mother, but actually I'm quite relaxed once the baby is out!

40 weeks is a very long time and I think you just have to focus on the positive things (feeling the baby move when that starts etc) and hope for the best.

Karmaisabitch Tue 28-Feb-17 13:06:08

The worry never goes....I checked constantly every time I went to the toilet.

To be honest, I'm 33 + 4 & still check.

I've had numerous scans NHS & Private because I've been quite worried all the way through.

However, for the first 30 weeks of pregnancy, I had nothing but stress from an ex, my baby boy is growing just fine.....don't over worry yourself, you'll just make yourself ill.

Try to enjoy it flowers

itsranningtoday Tue 28-Feb-17 13:20:33

It didn't stop until my son was 3/4 months old!
Now am pregnant again, I find myself in the same situation.

Smurf123 Tue 28-Feb-17 15:23:35

I'm the same I'm 6 weeks 3 days and have previously had a mmc. I had some bleeding Sunday week ago then a scan on Friday show heartbeat at 6weeks then some more light bleeding that stopped very quickly on Sunday there took yesterday off work to rest back at work today but constantly running to the bathroom to check just in case and now I'm convinced there might be an ever so slightly tiny bit of colour to the discharge sorry tmi and I'm terrified I'm going to bleed again. I have a scan on Friday but I'm so scared and it seems like so far away at the minute.
It makes me relieved to read some posts on here that say others have been through the same and it's all been OK but at the same time it's really hard to relax.

countingdown2gin Tue 28-Feb-17 15:27:56

It's very hard not to worry.
I spotted all the way through my first trimester then had a big bleed at 13 weeks (the day after we had announced to everyone) and for weeks after I constantly checked when I went to the loo.

I'm now 24 weeks and I still check sometimes but I try and make a conscious effort NOT to check. Most of the time now that I can feel baby wiggling I'm less worried but pregnancy in general is a very worrying time.

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Tue 28-Feb-17 16:01:39

I had three miscarriages before my DD and I had some spotting in the first trimester with my current pregnancy. As you can imagine, pregnancy is not a particularly pleasant time for me. My trick is to wear black knickers at all times, stops me sitting on the toilet analysing too much

AgentCooper Tue 28-Feb-17 18:24:43

I'm wearing black knickers every day, Snoopy. I do look at the toilet roll but can't be dealing with the extra stress of knicker watch and trying to assess the colour and consistency of anything that's in there. Having had cervical erosion for years and convincing myself repeatedly that I had cancer, I've been there with the knickers already.

Love and calm to everyone flowers

JessieMillz25 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:26:37

Glad I'm not the only third trimester knicker checker. This is not how I imagined pregnancy at all! I honestly was very naive and thought it would be all rainbows and butterflies! But like people have said think "Today I am pregnant" and take each day as it comes.

mistermagpie Tue 28-Feb-17 19:44:24

Agent - just for info, cervical erosion seems to be the reason for my continued bleeding. I've had it for years and it caused me no trouble in my first pregnancy, but as I said, I've had regular bleeds with this one. Just wanted to let you know that unfortunately you might be the same, but thankfully it appears to be nothing to get alarmed about and doesn't cause the baby a problem.

AgentCooper Tue 28-Feb-17 20:22:35

Thank you mistermagpie, I hope so flowers I've had it on and off for 10 years. Jesus, who'd be a woman??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now