Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucus Plug - 2nd pregnancy

(3 Posts)
LoopyLou1981 Mon 27-Feb-17 18:00:01

I'm 35+2 weeks and have just started losing my mucus plug with some fresh blood in it. I've already phoned triage and they're not concerned as long as the blood doesn't continue without any mucus.
With my first pregnancy, I lost my plug and went into full labour within an hour. Can any second time (or more!) mums reassure me that I could still have weeks to go?x

reikizen Mon 27-Feb-17 18:07:58

Mucous plug is completely irrelevant in first, second or any pregnancy. Most women are not even aware that it has come away and it can happen at any time. However, if you experience regular tightenings, lose fresh red blood (not streaks in mucous but needing to wear a pad or running down your legs), your membranes rupture, you have concerns about baby's movements then ring triage again.

highinthesky Mon 27-Feb-17 18:10:08

Every case is different.

Try to relax but keep a note of anything else that you think might signal labour. Hope there's someone with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now