Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Enlarged thyroid

(4 Posts)
KittyWindbag Mon 27-Feb-17 14:20:53

A couple of weeks ago I started noticing I had an achey neck which I put down to a strained muscle.

However in the last few days I have noticed the pain has grown considerably worse and there's now a visible lump on one side of my neck. Moves when I swallow. Feels hot to touch and my whole body feels kind of fluey and achey.

I saw the doctor today who took blood and said I have to come back next week for an ultrasound on the lump to see what the actual problem is.

I'm 27 weeks so I can only have paracetamol for the pain. It hurts so much I don't want to eat and it's hard to sleep sad

Anyone else hav experience of this? How did it turn out? I feel weepy and fed up.

Scotmum83 Mon 27-Feb-17 19:20:32

A friend of mine, had this during her first pregnancy. There was a benign growth on her thyroid that she had removed after the baby was born and had no further problems. Apparently it is quite common. Hope yours turns out ok.

KittyWindbag Tue 28-Feb-17 00:03:59

Thank you scotmum. Was your friend's lump painful too? a lot of people online seem To have had lumps that don't bother them at all. This one's giving me such an ache.

Scotmum83 Tue 28-Feb-17 12:28:21

I'm not sure to be honest, never heard her mention it being painful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now