Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird period of time between 12 and 20 wks

(12 Posts)
Lelly0503 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:06:03

Hello,
I'm just over 13 weeks and had my scan last week, thank fully all was fine. I felt relaxed for all of a day, but now I'm stressing about the 20 week one and in general everything not being ok. My symptoms in terms of sickness have stopped which I know is normal. It feels like I felt very pregnant and now I just feel normal again. It's like I can't believe something is actually in there? Anyone else in this boat? X

KatnissMellark Mon 27-Feb-17 11:10:13

I'm nearly 37 weeks now but felt the same as you, not helped by starting with twins and losing one just before the 12 week scan. To put my mind at rest (for a short while!) and decrease that long period of worry I had a private scan at 16 weeks. It was £80 and we'll worth it if you can afford it. You can get them cheaper but it was a sexing /3d scan and we got lots of pics and guff to take away. Its also a really lovely experience and about seeing/bonding with baby rather than worrying about medical stuff-totally different to the NHS ones (which are medical of course!) and one of my favourite experiences of pregnancy -I'd highly recommend it flowers

Sparklyuggs Mon 27-Feb-17 11:12:25

I felt like that and I'm counting down until the 20w scan (I'm 18+3). I ended up needing a scan due to abdominal pain but my bump growing and hearing the hb at my 16w midwife appointment.

I also kept repeating to myself that the odds of anything going 'wrong' at this stage are very very low...

ColourfulOrangex Mon 27-Feb-17 12:11:02

I feel like this too because this is my second the midwife doesn't see me so often, I'm 19+5 and I go for my 20 week scan on Wednesday and I'm so excited just to know that everything is oki with my little Squishy (son named it lol) I had terrible sickness from week 3 until just before week 19 and now I feel normal as you put it, I've panicked a lot more through this pregnancy though - joys of being a bit older and knowing more about risks etc but like Sparklyuggs said things going wrong are less likely after the 12th week

MrsCrabtree Mon 27-Feb-17 12:21:17

Hi Lelly, I feel exactly the same, glad I'm not the only one. I'm nearly 15 weeks and struggling with not knowing if everything is ok in there. It's like trusting in magic! Like sparkly I keep reminding myself that the stats are on my side but it's still really scary xx

kshaw Mon 27-Feb-17 13:45:03

I was the same. As soon as bump started to grow settled me, I also felt 'bubbles' at about 17 weeks - didn't realise was Baby though but did hear the heartbeat at about 18 weeks. Just enjoy feeling normal and look out for signs of anything wrong but other than that just try relax-won't do baby any food you being anxious - easier said than done I know! I'm 31 weeks now and get anxious if don't feel a movement for an hour - doesn't go away! Totally stupid

welshweasel Mon 27-Feb-17 13:48:43

I also had a private scan at 16 weeks and by 18 weeks was feeling movement.

LucyAutumn Mon 27-Feb-17 14:19:20

I feel like this too! I'm 14+3, has my scan at 12+4 and have been worried about not feeling pregnant anymore even though I am aware that things usually get easier in the second trimester! I'm so glad you posted this and I am not the only one!

Lelly0503 Mon 27-Feb-17 14:19:28

Thank you everyone smile I was so anxious in the lead up to my 12 week scan I had two private ones, I would love another to break the next 8 weeks up. I should have mw appointment at 16 weeks and hopefully hear heartbeat. I think it's where we've started telling people it gets scarier too!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way, starting pregnancy yoga this week hopefully that will relax me a bit.katniss I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your baby flowers xxx

Lunalovepud Mon 27-Feb-17 17:17:53

Hi Lelly I was just talking about this with DH the other night - I am PG with DC2 and forgot how nerve wracking early pregnancy can be... Once you can feel kicks it will be better - although sometimes that is one more thing to worry about!

I have a private scan at 16 weeks for a bit of reassurance - I also find out the sex of the baby but you don't have to if you want to keep it a surprise, you can just go for a check over.

Good luck with everything.

SaltedCaramelEverything Mon 27-Feb-17 18:48:28

I was the same. Midwife appointment and private sex scan got me through. It was just a strange time as I had no symptoms and basically no bump either. Just telling people I was pg and not drinking wine! But it felt too soon to buy stuff for us yet. I was also very anxious before 12 week scan. However felt much calmer before 20 week (no tears in the nights before - relived DH!) I think because I had more evidence things were ok from the other appointments.

Enjoy feeling well and do a list of things to buy - it goes much more quickly after the 20 week scan.

Good luck!

oliversmummy26 Tue 28-Feb-17 14:00:54

I'm so pleased to hear I'm not the only one thinking like this! I had my 12 week scan yesterday and am elated that everything seems to be fine. Just waiting for screening results before spilling the beans to everyone.

After all the excitement and smiles with DH on the way home from hospital I got to work yesterday afternoon and though "right, what now then?!"

The wait from 12 weeks to 20 will seem forever, I like the idea of a sexing scan at 16 or so weeks to break it up and there is a midwife appointment which will be half way...but it is a looooong time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now