Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sure Start Maternity Grant - Do I need a Bank Account?

(3 Posts)
user1476968120 Mon 27-Feb-17 10:51:15

Until the past few years, I didn't have any ID so never bothered opening a bank account, I did have a very good job for over five years,, Where the money was just being paid straight into my parent's spare bank account, and I have the card to it. Still, do. Any money that needs a bank account, I just get it put straight into there. Never been a problem.

When I apply for the Sure Start Maternity Grant, Would they be able to do the same? If my monthly wages were going into this account, Surely there won't be a problem, right?

Has anyone does this? Got the grant, But don't have a bank account so got it put into the one they do use? I'm asking on Mumsnet to hear people's actual experiences instead of contacting them. Obviously, I will still contact them.

I hope this all makes sense, Thank you everyone :3

WorriedAndCrazy Mon 27-Feb-17 11:07:37

I've never had a sure start grant but I was on income support and had problems with my bank account and had to use my mum's account. I got a budgeting loan paid into her account so I don't think it would be a problem getting your grant paid in to another account.

user1476968120 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:17:21

Thank you so much :D That is extremely helpful to know!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now