Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Failed birth control don't know how to tell everyone

(6 Posts)
Coreynkayden Mon 27-Feb-17 09:41:29

im pregnant with my 3rd child it was a shock as i was on the coil shock im currently 10 weeks and not telling family till after my first scan i just dont know how to tell anyone my father n mother are going to be annoyed the most as i said no more kids for me lol. Bt i jst dnt want them thinking i wasnt careful with not getting pregnant wen it wasnt my fault the coil failed sad

treaclesoda Mon 27-Feb-17 09:44:50

Honestly I wouldn't tell them anything. It is no one's business but yours. You don't have to justify it to them and you don't have to answer any questions. If they say 'I thought you said you weren't having any more babies?' you say 'things change' and leave it at that. Just repeat it every time until they give up asking. But keep it non confrontational.

I'm sorry your parents make you feel like this btw. flowers

Coreynkayden Mon 27-Feb-17 09:50:00

Thanks for the reply i hope they will support me cus they wont have a choice either there with me or they can get lost! Im going to do thankyou so much flowers

Taylor22 Mon 27-Feb-17 09:58:34

As long as you're not dependent on them then they have no right to be annoyed.
Just state it as a fact and if they raise any grievance stop them and say your uterus is non of their concern and leave.

Coreynkayden Mon 27-Feb-17 10:17:41

No im not dependent on them brought both my boys up on my own thankyou for your advice x

HN42 Mon 27-Feb-17 15:30:59

I agree with treaclesoda. It's nobody's business whether or not the baby was planned, life doesn't always pan out the way you planned it. It shouldn't make any difference to how loved your child will be, I'm sure both you and your parents will love the new baby just as much as your other 2 children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now